cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: George & Mildred
#167298
George & Mildred 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 6
Been rewatching this recently.

What a lovely, genuinely funny series with two excellent leads.

Such a shame about Yootha Joyce what she did to herself. So under-rated and utterly irreplaceable.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#167304
Re:George & Mildred 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 49
And after Time Goes By on Drama it was Foyle's War on ITV3. I'll catch most of Simon Reeve's Russia on iPlayer.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#167314
Re:George & Mildred 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 6
JK2006 wrote:
And after Time Goes By on Drama it was Foyle's War on ITV3. I'll catch most of Simon Reeve's Russia on iPlayer.

I love Foyle's War. Very atmospheric series and again another one very under-rated.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#167329
andrew

Re:George & Mildred 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
Missus and I are enjoying repeats of Winds of War on True Entertainment.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#167332
hedda

Re:George & Mildred 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
andrew wrote:
Missus and I are enjoying repeats of Winds of War on True Entertainment.

I worked on locations for Winds of War, the very first mini-series.

Two of us drove around the UK in a hired convertible looking for villages that looked like Poland, a house to look like Chequers and so on.

We visited so many huge manor houses with owners desperate to have them hired by the film producers for huge money.
Some for the sights I saw were bizarre including one house where I walked into the wrong room and it was done of like a torture den.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#167339
andrew

Re:George & Mildred 1 Week ago  
hedda wrote:
andrew wrote:
Missus and I are enjoying repeats of Winds of War on True Entertainment.

I worked on locations for Winds of War, the very first mini-series.

Two of us drove around the UK in a hired convertible looking for villages that looked like Poland, a house to look like Chequers and so on.

We visited so many huge manor houses with owners desperate to have them hired by the film producers for huge money.
Some for the sights I saw were bizarre including one house where I walked into the wrong room and it was done of like a torture den.


You did a splendid job.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#167347
robbiex

Re:George & Mildred 1 Week ago  
I prefer the programme from which George and Mildred was spawned, "Man about the House", because it had more characters and very tightly scripted storylines, not to mention sexy young stars like Paula Wilcox, Sally Thomsett, and Richard O'Sullivan. Unlike most 70s sitcoms most of the cast are still thankfully with us.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply