cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Universal Credit
#168550
Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 4 Days ago Karma: 3
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
In The Know wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
Crikey, Andrew, You must be rolling in it to afford M&S all the time!

Quality is always cheapest in the long run, honey!


A carrot is pretty much just a carrot.

The ready meals and prepared food might well be wonderful, but the codes on fresh produce reveal that it is no fresher or "better" than most other produce. In fact, it is the very same stuff from the very same place in some cases.
It is all an illusion. Pretend quality from pretend farms and pretend places.(like most supermarkets)

I am not anti M&S. They do some things very well indeed, and you have to go to Marks for the early strawberries and cherries, but only selling grade one fruit and vegetables (unblemished and straight) isn't good for the industry or environment, and a couple of spoonfuls of meat in a chicken pie isn't good value however much or little you pay for it.

I am a fan of the tinned stewing steak.
.

I wouldn't know we don't eat ready meals.


Not even the occasional can of beans? Biscuits? Chocolate? Lemsip?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168552
andrew

Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
In The Know wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
Crikey, Andrew, You must be rolling in it to afford M&S all the time!

Quality is always cheapest in the long run, honey!


A carrot is pretty much just a carrot.

The ready meals and prepared food might well be wonderful, but the codes on fresh produce reveal that it is no fresher or "better" than most other produce. In fact, it is the very same stuff from the very same place in some cases.
It is all an illusion. Pretend quality from pretend farms and pretend places.(like most supermarkets)

I am not anti M&S. They do some things very well indeed, and you have to go to Marks for the early strawberries and cherries, but only selling grade one fruit and vegetables (unblemished and straight) isn't good for the industry or environment, and a couple of spoonfuls of meat in a chicken pie isn't good value however much or little you pay for it.

I am a fan of the tinned stewing steak.
.

I wouldn't know we don't eat ready meals.


Not even the occasional can of beans? Biscuits? Chocolate? Lemsip?


Nope.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168564
Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 4 Days ago Karma: 3
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
In The Know wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
Crikey, Andrew, You must be rolling in it to afford M&S all the time!

Quality is always cheapest in the long run, honey!


A carrot is pretty much just a carrot.

The ready meals and prepared food might well be wonderful, but the codes on fresh produce reveal that it is no fresher or "better" than most other produce. In fact, it is the very same stuff from the very same place in some cases.
It is all an illusion. Pretend quality from pretend farms and pretend places.(like most supermarkets)

I am not anti M&S. They do some things very well indeed, and you have to go to Marks for the early strawberries and cherries, but only selling grade one fruit and vegetables (unblemished and straight) isn't good for the industry or environment, and a couple of spoonfuls of meat in a chicken pie isn't good value however much or little you pay for it.

I am a fan of the tinned stewing steak.
.

I wouldn't know we don't eat ready meals.


Not even the occasional can of beans? Biscuits? Chocolate? Lemsip?


Nope.



Is this a recent health drive or something?
The meals at Wetherspoons are pre-made, and I cant think what was on your Morrison's breakfast that wasn't processed. Egg? And?


www.kingofhits.co.uk/component/option,co...,2/id,165507/#165531
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168586
andrew

Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 3 Days ago  
I have a Morrisons small breakfast about once a month.

Weatherspoons food is a joke and the staff are useless.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168588
andrew

Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 3 Days ago  
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168593
Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 3 Days ago Karma: 3
andrew wrote:
Never ever miss an appointment.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5063075...rsal-Credit-cut.html


I cant comment on this case, but in general, a lot of people are unable to attend due to serious illness (even in intensive care) and their benefits are stopped despite letting them know beforehand.
How anyone can think this is acceptable is beyond me.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168595
Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 3 Days ago Karma: 3
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168604
andrew

Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 3 Days ago  
Job coaches always if you miss an appointment you face a penalty.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168617
Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 2 Days ago Karma: 3
andrew wrote:
Job coaches always if you miss an appointment you face a penalty.

It is bullying. If you have a reasonable reason to not attend, then why should they stop your money?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168635
andrew

Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
Job coaches always if you miss an appointment you face a penalty.

It is bullying. If you have a reasonable reason to not attend, then why should they stop your money?


Because you didn't attend...simples.

UC is a tougher regime.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168647
Re:Universal Credit 1 Week, 2 Days ago Karma: 3
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
Job coaches always if you miss an appointment you face a penalty.

It is bullying. If you have a reasonable reason to not attend, then why should they stop your money?


Because you didn't attend...simples.

UC is a tougher regime.


It is an obscene regime, and one which you strongly objected to previously, when it was less harsh and when it affected you!

How do you attend if you are in intensive care?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168876
andrew

Re:Universal Credit 3 Days, 8 Hours ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
Job coaches always if you miss an appointment you face a penalty.

It is bullying. If you have a reasonable reason to not attend, then why should they stop your money?


Because you didn't attend...simples.

UC is a tougher regime.


It is an obscene regime, and one which you strongly objected to previously, when it was less harsh and when it affected you!

How do you attend if you are in intensive care?


Didn't help having a scatty ex whom pissed and smoked all the JSA. Yes I was stitched up in the past by the Margate Job Centre and why I got a job even if it was short term.

We all knew that UC was rolling and nothing we can do about it...yes it's not a great system but nor was JSA.

When I see my job coach even though I care for my partner 24/7 it's just protocol to see if I could go back to work or seeing if I'm okay caring still due to increase of mental health in people.

If they don't want to claim food from food banks ask for the loan and YES it is a loan.

www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-netwo...elfare-cuts#comments
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168884
Re:Universal Credit 3 Days, 5 Hours ago Karma: 3
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
andrew wrote:
Job coaches always if you miss an appointment you face a penalty.

It is bullying. If you have a reasonable reason to not attend, then why should they stop your money?


Because you didn't attend...simples.

UC is a tougher regime.


It is an obscene regime, and one which you strongly objected to previously, when it was less harsh and when it affected you!

How do you attend if you are in intensive care?


Didn't help having a scatty ex whom pissed and smoked all the JSA. Yes I was stitched up in the past by the Margate Job Centre and why I got a job even if it was short term.

We all knew that UC was rolling and nothing we can do about it...yes it's not a great system but nor was JSA.

When I see my job coach even though I care for my partner 24/7 it's just protocol to see if I could go back to work or seeing if I'm okay caring still due to increase of mental health in people.

If they don't want to claim food from food banks ask for the loan and YES it is a loan.

www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-netwo...elfare-cuts#comments



So are you actually getting job seekers allowance? (its so confusing)
What if you decide to take a job for a week or so to give yourself a break while someone else does the caring?
You would only have that one weeks wages to live on for the six weeks or two months it takes for your claim to be stopped and re-started.
Or supposing your wife gets a small job (I am imagining she can make wedding cakes or something because you say she cooks from scratch)
You would have to either not declare it or wait for weeks while the claim is re-started again.

Its a crap system if it prevents people from working as much as they can/want and encourages them to commit fraud. that is the exact opposite of what we want!

Did you see the debate about it in parliament today? It was soundly criticised by all parties.
We do need a better way of doing things, but its all gone wrong somehow.

Have you checked out the help for carers, Andrew? Round here we have mindfulness, massage, reiki and yoga. You cant serve from an empty vessel, so its really important to take care of yourself along with your wife.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#168999
Re:Universal Credit 10 Hours, 48 Minutes ago Karma: 3
Why dont we save a fortune by only giving Andrew (and those with similar claims) enough money to shop at Lidl instead of Marks and Spencers?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply