cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Cosby guilty
#176997
Cosby guilty? 1 Week, 5 Days ago Karma: 50
Yes Honey and Hedda and ITK - a lot of the problem has been the redefinition of the word RAPE. Decades ago, rape was a violent attack. Slowly it became any unwanted sex (even, often, in marriage). Then it grew more and more blurred. These days Attempted Rape can be "would you care for a coffee?".
 
Logged Logged
 
Last Edit: 2018/05/09 08:44 By JK2006.
  Reply Quote
#176998
Re:Cosby guilty? 1 Week, 5 Days ago Karma: 3
JK2006 wrote:
Yes Honey and Hedda and ITK - a lot of the problem has been the redefinition of the word RAPE. Decades ago, rape was a violent attack. Slowly it became any unwanted sex (even, often, in marriage). Then it grew more and more blurred. These days Attempted Rape can be "would you care for a coffee?".

Because we are expected to be mind readers, and know if advances like an arm around the shoulder are wanted or not.
It minimises what "we" remember as rape, and it stinks.

Apologies for the garbled previous post. I meant"over the counter" or "shop bought" medication and wrote something in-between.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#177000
hedda

Re:Cosby guilty 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
hedda wrote:
"rape is a pretty devasting event that take a long time to recover from"

another myth repeated ad infinitum which becomes Gospel but based on no proof or evidence and basically derived from Britain's gutter media and even "quality" press (BBC)which is like a vast echo chamber.

I know two women who were raped and they "recovered" not only quickly but can talk openly about it and even joke about it (unlike Britain's ridiculous Puritan attitudes that seep into every aspect of life)

In the late 70s I met and worked with several women who were "Comfort Women" during WW2 and were sex slaves in the true sense having been kidnapped by the Japanese and forced to work in brothels at gun point.

Not only did they exude a quiet dignity they went on to get married right after the war and have children etc etc and quite openly talked about their experiences. Their real fury was that post WW2 Japanese governments kept lying and saying it never happened ..until they finally caved in and formally apologized.

In fact millions of women in Europe (and especially in Russia) suffered appalling depravity but just got on with life after the war.

This claim is along the lines of "your life has been ruined"

# of course some people never recover from anything and should be pitied


You misquote me. I said "For most of us" it is a devastating experience etc.
Because it is.
You cant expect everyone to have the same resilience as you. Or me.


yes missed that bit but I've never believed the "your life has been ruined " mantra trotted out by many ignorant fools..it's a very cruel and malicious claim that condemns not just past rape victims but tells everyone who may be a future victim (especially children) that not only will you suffer the ordeal...you can assume that your life is over for all time.

Even worse this dreadful possibly self fulfilling edict is said by those who claim to care for victims..police routinely say it and so-called "victim advocates".

It's like another form of abuse filling those already feeling vulnerable that the action itself was bad enough but they will never recover from it.

## one of the sensible reasons Germaine Greer is against anonymity for sex abuse victims is that it reinforces, especially for women, that there is shame to be felt for what has happened to them (a centuries old belief)
She thinks rape victims should be able to shout it from the rooftops.

They do for any other physical and psychological attack.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#177007
Anon

Re:Cosby guilty 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
holocaust21 wrote:
I haven't been to prison myself but I'm sure I could have been. And I've seen and read about so so many men who have been thrown in prison for what are, in my view, victimless crimes. I am not sure if there is anyone locked up for a "sexual offence" in a British prison who actually did anything bad.

Let's think of it this way: The truth is there are two kinds of males: Betas & Chads.

Chad doesn't have a problem with all the "sexual harassment" laws because Chad is good looking and a smooth talker. Women love it when he talks to them.

For the Beta though, when he talks to a woman he is more awkward, and maybe he isn't as good looking either. The woman may not like him so much and can become annoyed so she then accuses him of sexual harassment, sexual assault or even rape. Rape is especially used if a woman gets into bed with a Beta but then realises that she could do better and find a Chad. She blames the Beta for her bad decision.

Being a Beta myself I have a great empathy with convicted sex offenders, and I realise that the laws are all created by feminists to target me (and other Betas). Thus I want to protect myself and all other Betas by abolishing sexual offence legislation.
Apollo

I completely disagree, most falsely accused football players are called 'Chad' or 'Ched', it's like one of those unwritten rules.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#177010
Re:Cosby guilty 1 Week, 5 Days ago Karma: 3
hedda wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
hedda wrote:
"rape is a pretty devasting event that take a long time to recover from"

another myth repeated ad infinitum which becomes Gospel but based on no proof or evidence and basically derived from Britain's gutter media and even "quality" press (BBC)which is like a vast echo chamber.

I know two women who were raped and they "recovered" not only quickly but can talk openly about it and even joke about it (unlike Britain's ridiculous Puritan attitudes that seep into every aspect of life)

In the late 70s I met and worked with several women who were "Comfort Women" during WW2 and were sex slaves in the true sense having been kidnapped by the Japanese and forced to work in brothels at gun point.

Not only did they exude a quiet dignity they went on to get married right after the war and have children etc etc and quite openly talked about their experiences. Their real fury was that post WW2 Japanese governments kept lying and saying it never happened ..until they finally caved in and formally apologized.

In fact millions of women in Europe (and especially in Russia) suffered appalling depravity but just got on with life after the war.

This claim is along the lines of "your life has been ruined"

# of course some people never recover from anything and should be pitied


You misquote me. I said "For most of us" it is a devastating experience etc.
Because it is.
You cant expect everyone to have the same resilience as you. Or me.


yes missed that bit but I've never believed the "your life has been ruined " mantra trotted out by many ignorant fools..it's a very cruel and malicious claim that condemns not just past rape victims but tells everyone who may be a future victim (especially children) that not only will you suffer the ordeal...you can assume that your life is over for all time.

Even worse this dreadful possibly self fulfilling edict is said by those who claim to care for victims..police routinely say it and so-called "victim advocates".

It's like another form of abuse filling those already feeling vulnerable that the action itself was bad enough but they will never recover from it.

## one of the sensible reasons Germaine Greer is against anonymity for sex abuse victims is that it reinforces, especially for women, that there is shame to be felt for what has happened to them (a centuries old belief)
She thinks rape victims should be able to shout it from the rooftops.

They do for any other physical and psychological attack.


Oh yes, I agree. If you tell someone their life has been ruined it is a self fulfilling prophecy, when with help most can recover from it fully.

I also agree with Germaine Greer. People tend to feel it is their fault as it is, without hiding them away in shame.
It is not their crime.
This aspect is one good thing that could come out the (daft) Me too thing, I suppose?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#177020
hedda

Re:Cosby guilty 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
Jo wrote:
Expert testifies Benadryl, quaaludes could've affected Bill Cosby accuser

well you know the USA..they have an "expert" on everything as do the defence but I take your point.

While I confess to abusing Quaaludes , all drugs can affect people differently but the fact is during that era they (and Mandrax) were known a s "feel good" drug and an aid to social activities..like sex!

This claimant was a person in a pretty top job so is obviously fairly intelligent so it's odd she didn't know about the pills ..however...why did she accept them and take them when she was... on her claim, there to discuss her career? Quid per pro? A redefining of their own actions? regret?

And note she must have told her mother who then rang Cosby to find out what the pills were..but did she complain then to her mother that she had been raped and if not why not?

did she go to police? (and it's B/S that celebs were so powerful that could stop a rape accusation..celebs have been charged & convicted since Hollywood began in the 20s)

But any scenario could be true of course. Cosby was convicted but appeals in the US (much easier to obtain than the UK) can alter everything.

## recall the "Freak" from the Aussie TV prison series Cellblock H was convicted in a magistrates court but had her conviction overturned in the Appeal Court.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply