cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Open All Borders pt 476091234
#184554
Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
"Do very little"? You should see the amount I've paid in tax over 74 years. Not a little, I assure you. And I want to see those taxes used for the benefit of humanity in need; not just "Brits".
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184558
Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:
"Do very little"? You should see the amount I've paid in tax over 74 years. Not a little, I assure you. And I want to see those taxes used for the benefit of humanity in need; not just "Brits".

You cant expect anyone to benefit from your taxes though,because it just wont ever happen.
If you want to make a difference (which you are, with your mission for justice) you have to do it yourself.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184563
Barney

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Green Man wrote:
[quote]JK2006 wrote:
In ROI the migrants we embraced are the ones who work in hospitals and GP surgeries

In the Republic of Ireland (ROI), only .20% of the population arrived from non-EU countries.

For such a Catholic country - still - the Republic can't be too proud of their welcoming figures, for needy asylum seekers.

'We have enough problems of our own' - can be heard, everywhere...


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184567
Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Oh yes I suspect it's very much the majority opinion all over the world which is why I think it will take decades before we open all borders. But I cannot see why we should ignore the misery of others whilst only looking after ourselves. To me they are mutually compatible - or should be. I want Great Britain to stop locking up innocent men and women but I also want us to help those who would like to come and live here, for whatever reasons.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184570
Green Man

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Barney wrote:
[quote]Green Man wrote:
JK2006 wrote:
In ROI the migrants we embraced are the ones who work in hospitals and GP surgeries

In the Republic of Ireland (ROI), only .20% of the population arrived from non-EU countries.

For such a Catholic country - still - the Republic can't be too proud of their welcoming figures, for needy asylum seekers.

'We have enough problems of our own' - can be heard, everywhere...




I must say I'm seeing more and more atheists than Catholics these days. The Catholic churches are very beautiful though.

We have a lot of foreign nurses whom are from non EU countries do a cracking job.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184603
hedda

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Green Man wrote:
hedda wrote:
oh sod off Randall and you too Green Man posting moronic claptrap like "hollyweird". And what the fuck do you mean by "nimby"?. If you think Bayswater is an exclusive British enclave you must be blind.

when will people get it through their skulls that a billion Chinese people and the vast majority of world citizens love living in their homelands?

Otherwise 50 million Brits would piss off to Spain to get away from the plonkers and grey skies.

And it's a pity some of the 100s of of Brits & Irish who were vomiting on the Bondi boulevard on News Year Day didn't piss off back to Blighty.

The arrogance of British people who seem to think they are unbelievable special when every day the news is full of increasing cretinous.

A flood of immigrants would probably do wonders for the National IQ.


Triggered!!


I only meant it in a caring and sharing way.

"triggered"..another weird word..what does it mean?

I keep seeing it on websites..even supposed sensible newspapers..Trigger Warning !!!

The only Trigger I know of was Roy Rogers' horse. It was my favourite TV series long before TV was invented.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184611
Randall

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:
I have to say I find arguments like 40 million will invade our shores... ludicrous

Hundreds of millions of people would like to come to live in the developed world.

Why is it ludicrous to wonder where they'll live, what they'll do for work and how our public services and infrastructure will cope with the numbers?

If it's too difficult to contemplate in terms of the UK, consider the effect 1 million immigrants would have on an open borders Singapore (population 5.5 million).
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184612
Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Yes many would love to come and very few would actually do so; personally, if I was far younger, I'd be choosing to live and work in North Africa or Southern Europe - better weather; society going up, not down and the Internet makes my work possible globally.
Opening All Borders will see humanity become far more adaptable and it will inevitably happen before the end of this century; without a doubt.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184614
Green Man

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
What utter rubbish King.

London is totally unrecognisable to a lot of people.

I dread travelling to London when on business. Crime rate is ridiculously high there now.

Your Major thinks it's some sort of magical land but no mention of violent people that roam.

Police say be vigilant but you can't carry a weapon to defend yourself ?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184634
Randall

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:
Yes many would love to come and very few would actually do so

How do you know?

Let's consider immigration from our current open borders zone: the EU. In the year to June 2018, EU immigration to the UK was 219,000. That's in a bloc of about 500 million people where economic disparities are relatively small compared to say, USA and central America.

Do you really think that only a couple of hundred thousand Indians, Chinese and Africans (total population around 4 billion) would take the opportunity of a UK open borders policy?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184651
hedda

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:
Yes many would love to come and very few would actually do so; personally, if I was far younger, I'd be choosing to live and work in North Africa or Southern Europe - better weather; society going up, not down and the Internet makes my work possible globally.
Opening All Borders will see humanity become far more adaptable and it will inevitably happen before the end of this century; without a doubt.


when I was a child and we were on one of our fabulous holidays to Australia (circa 1872) the common mantra I heard from other kids was "there are millions of Chinese about to descend upon Australia" as an excuse for their White Australia policy (abolished by a Conservative) and a Reds Under The Beds campaign.

I worriedly asked my worldly father who had actually worked in China helping set up western style banking for the government and he patiently explained the very notion of A Million 'Refugees' or even an army of a million Chinese fighters actually going anywhere even 100 miles from their base was Zilch and an impossibility as they would need another few million to service them with food, transport etc etc...and they would need back-up support of more millions ...you get the drift.

I reported that back to those kids the next day and one hit me and the rest ran away.

I learned:
1. people can be made to believe ludicrous & impossible scenarios via well planned propaganda and..
2. children can be nasty c**nts.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184662
Silent Minority

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
JK2006 wrote:
Yes many would love to come and very few would actually do so; personally, if I was far younger, I'd be choosing to live and work in North Africa or Southern Europe - better weather; society going up, not down and the Internet makes my work possible globally.
Opening All Borders will see humanity become far more adaptable and it will inevitably happen before the end of this century; without a doubt.


when I was a child and we were on one of our fabulous holidays to Australia (circa 1872) the common mantra I heard from other kids was "there are millions of Chinese about to descend upon Australia" as an excuse for their White Australia policy (abolished by a Conservative) and a Reds Under The Beds campaign.

I worriedly asked my worldly father who had actually worked in China helping set up western style banking for the government and he patiently explained the very notion of A Million 'Refugees' or even an army of a million Chinese fighters actually going anywhere even 100 miles from their base was Zilch and an impossibility as they would need another few million to service them with food, transport etc etc...and they would need back-up support of more millions ...you get the drift.

I reported that back to those kids the next day and one hit me and the rest ran away.

I learned:
1. people can be made to believe ludicrous & impossible scenarios via well planned propaganda and..
2. children can be nasty c**nts.


Germany took in a million immigrants in a year not so long ago....the USA takes in considerably more when illegals are considered....the once tolerant citizens of both nations may not agree with you Hedda....but if it's any consolation ITK possibly does...about the only time you ever did...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184693
hedda

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
Silent Minority wrote:
hedda wrote:
JK2006 wrote:
Yes many would love to come and very few would actually do so; personally, if I was far younger, I'd be choosing to live and work in North Africa or Southern Europe - better weather; society going up, not down and the Internet makes my work possible globally.
Opening All Borders will see humanity become far more adaptable and it will inevitably happen before the end of this century; without a doubt.


when I was a child and we were on one of our fabulous holidays to Australia (circa 1872) the common mantra I heard from other kids was "there are millions of Chinese about to descend upon Australia" as an excuse for their White Australia policy (abolished by a Conservative) and a Reds Under The Beds campaign.

I worriedly asked my worldly father who had actually worked in China helping set up western style banking for the government and he patiently explained the very notion of A Million 'Refugees' or even an army of a million Chinese fighters actually going anywhere even 100 miles from their base was Zilch and an impossibility as they would need another few million to service them with food, transport etc etc...and they would need back-up support of more millions ...you get the drift.

I reported that back to those kids the next day and one hit me and the rest ran away.

I learned:
1. people can be made to believe ludicrous & impossible scenarios via well planned propaganda and..
2. children can be nasty c**nts.


Germany took in a million immigrants in a year not so long ago....the USA takes in considerably more when illegals are considered....the once tolerant citizens of both nations may not agree with you Hedda....but if it's any consolation ITK possibly does...about the only time you ever did...


never listen to someone calling themselves or referring to the mythical "silent majority" as they are never silent and never a majority..that's the first lie.
The rest is not worth bothering with.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#184702
Silent Minority

Re:Open All Borders pt 476091234 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
Silent Minority wrote:
hedda wrote:
JK2006 wrote:
Yes many would love to come and very few would actually do so; personally, if I was far younger, I'd be choosing to live and work in North Africa or Southern Europe - better weather; society going up, not down and the Internet makes my work possible globally.
Opening All Borders will see humanity become far more adaptable and it will inevitably happen before the end of this century; without a doubt.


when I was a child and we were on one of our fabulous holidays to Australia (circa 1872) the common mantra I heard from other kids was "there are millions of Chinese about to descend upon Australia" as an excuse for their White Australia policy (abolished by a Conservative) and a Reds Under The Beds campaign.

I worriedly asked my worldly father who had actually worked in China helping set up western style banking for the government and he patiently explained the very notion of A Million 'Refugees' or even an army of a million Chinese fighters actually going anywhere even 100 miles from their base was Zilch and an impossibility as they would need another few million to service them with food, transport etc etc...and they would need back-up support of more millions ...you get the drift.

I reported that back to those kids the next day and one hit me and the rest ran away.

I learned:
1. people can be made to believe ludicrous & impossible scenarios via well planned propaganda and..
2. children can be nasty c**nts.


Germany took in a million immigrants in a year not so long ago....the USA takes in considerably more when illegals are considered....the once tolerant citizens of both nations may not agree with you Hedda....but if it's any consolation ITK possibly does...about the only time you ever did...


never listen to someone calling themselves or referring to the mythical "silent majority" as they are never silent and never a majority..that's the first lie.
The rest is not worth bothering with.


Name calling Hedda....?...I never mentioned Majority....in fact the name is a play on words...taking the urine sample out of the phrase....you used to have impeccable manners.....try sticking to debating subjects you have a sound knowledge of.....a good day to you Sir
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply