cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC
#186814
MCR

Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Michael Jackson music has been banned by the BBC following abuse claims
I guess this means more cuts to TOTP BBC Four repeats.
And depending on the outcome of his trial Craig McLachlan could face the edit machine too
as 1990 arrives next year.
www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/mich...-banned-bbc-14080612
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186820
'M'

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
I have been waiting for this to come along, absolutely ridiculous.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186838
Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
I think it is just Radio 2 so far, isn't it?
Time for a boycott.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186855
hedda

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
all very ridiculous as the internet has freed up the need for radio stations or record companies to control the narrative.

MJ still has millions of fans who will probably love him even more.

Not unlike Elvis Presley.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186907
Jo

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
"He’s considered by many to be one of the greatest entertainers of all time, but now fresh child abuse allegations threaten to destroy Michael Jackson’s legacy. Broadcaster Nick Ferrari says he can no longer listen to Michael Jackson’s songs since seeing the documentary, whereas superfan Danny Oliver has joined many supporters in rejecting the claims. Both join us on the sofa, and we’re live with DJ Mike Read in his radio studio as he tells us why he’ll always continue to play the King of Pop’s music."
Nick Ferrari: twitter.com/NickFerrariLBC (includes a recent interview on LBC with Michael Jackson's nephew)
Danny Oliver: twitter.com/DannyMJOliver

 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186917
Amanda

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Dare I ask the question that I was/am always asked "why now?"

For the record, I've listened to Michael's nephew and we both say the same thing regarding evidence.

The only difference from Michael's accusers and ours is they say they didn't want to lose his friendship or go to jail as ours said he was powerful and they were scared. Both reasons seem to be accepted as the answer to "why didn't you come forward sooner".

It doesn't get any better does it?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186919
Amanda

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Jo.......

I've just listened to the interview on your post and I'm hyperventilating.......... If you listen to my This Morning Interview I say the same as that young guy........ Good for him!

I need to lay quietly in a dark room
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186920
Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Yes I have a slight tendency to wish Karma on all of them; but only slightly as I regret doing it to Max Clifford - I never meant to kill the poor old pervert; indeed, when my friends asked me on his arrest if I was celebrating I said no, I wish it had never happened. And stupid Kirk McIntyre - no, I'd never wish that on anyone. So if everyone who now won't listen to Michael's music goes deaf, I'll be sad for the poor morons.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186923
Jo

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Amanda wrote:
Jo.......

I've just listened to the interview on your post and I'm hyperventilating.......... If you listen to my This Morning Interview I say the same as that young guy........ Good for him!

I need to lay quietly in a dark room

I've just watched your interview and I see what you mean.

Louis Theroux apparently thinks MIchael Jackson's two accusers are telling the truth, despite not having seen the documentary.

 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186927
MCR

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186928
wyot

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
Well, HBO and Channel Four both very confident legally...Almost "bring it on" attitude. I suspect they are leaving even more powder dry, for now.

Have to say watching this documentary, the "abused" deserves multiple oscars if "acting"....

Very uncomfortable viewing; but equally clearly Jackson was a very troubled soul himself...and I suspect perpetuating a circle of abuse....
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186931
holocaust21

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
Louis Theroux is a white knight cuck. Always has been, always will be. I probably said on here before but he made a biased documentary many years ago entitled something like "where they put the paedophiles". I also remember him asking cucky white knight comments on another doc he did about dating and randomly asking the guy "oh, will you allow 15 year olds to date through your agency?" (or something like that) as if to imply "I'm watching, and I'm a virtuous white knight!".

I absolutely hate him. Hopefully he'll accidentally rape someone and get sent to prison himself.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186939
Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
wyot wrote:
Well, HBO and Channel Four both very confident legally...Almost "bring it on" attitude. I suspect they are leaving even more powder dry, for now.

Have to say watching this documentary, the "abused" deserves multiple oscars if "acting"....

Very uncomfortable viewing; but equally clearly Jackson was a very troubled soul himself...and I suspect perpetuating a circle of abuse....


You have to remember though, that these people were equally convincing in court, when they were proving the opposite.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186944
Jo

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
You have to remember though, that these people were equally convincing in court, when they were proving the opposite.
That's a very good point. I watched a couple of interviews with Michael Jackson's nephew last night and he made some other good points, e.g. that one of the two men had been the first witness to be called in MJ's defence and if he'd been abused surely it would have been nonsensical and extremely risky to call him, and that both men were appealing a rejected claim for hundreds of millions of dollars against the Jackson estate.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186950
Rick

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
There was a post recently on Digital Spy about someone speaking up for Jackson, complaining that 'a fraudster and liar probably isn't the best person to defend him'. Then someone replied by pointing out 'That kind of person seems acceptable when Jackson's being attacked'. Hear hear. The blinkeredness of the discussion is really alarming.

And there was some idiot in the Times today, saying his company had already banned playing Jackson's music: 'When people see the documentary they won't want to hear his music, so we've merely anticipated that fact'. The planet is being ruled by morons!
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186951
Rick

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
Jo wrote:
"He’s considered by many to be one of the greatest entertainers of all time, but now fresh child abuse allegations threaten to destroy Michael Jackson’s legacy. Broadcaster Nick Ferrari says he can no longer listen to Michael Jackson’s songs since seeing the documentary, whereas superfan Danny Oliver has joined many supporters in rejecting the claims. Both join us on the sofa, and we’re live with DJ Mike Read in his radio studio as he tells us why he’ll always continue to play the King of Pop’s music."
Nick Ferrari: twitter.com/NickFerrariLBC (includes a recent interview on LBC with Michael Jackson's nephew)
Danny Oliver: twitter.com/DannyMJOliver



That's so typical. They 'balance' an ordinary broadcaster critical of someone with a 'super fan' - so it's a reasoned commentator vs a nutter. Brilliant media bias. The idea that just maybe they could get someone - wow - as thoughtful and dispassionate as Ferrari to argue the other way seems beyond them. What next - 'And here to argue about the Independent Group with Andrew Neil, a man who dribbles while trying to catch a bean in a paper cup'.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186952
Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
Rick wrote:
Jo wrote:
"He’s considered by many to be one of the greatest entertainers of all time, but now fresh child abuse allegations threaten to destroy Michael Jackson’s legacy. Broadcaster Nick Ferrari says he can no longer listen to Michael Jackson’s songs since seeing the documentary, whereas superfan Danny Oliver has joined many supporters in rejecting the claims. Both join us on the sofa, and we’re live with DJ Mike Read in his radio studio as he tells us why he’ll always continue to play the King of Pop’s music."
Nick Ferrari: twitter.com/NickFerrariLBC (includes a recent interview on LBC with Michael Jackson's nephew)
Danny Oliver: twitter.com/DannyMJOliver



That's so typical. They 'balance' an ordinary broadcaster critical of someone with a 'super fan' - so it's a reasoned commentator vs a nutter. Brilliant media bias. The idea that just maybe they could get someone - wow - as thoughtful and dispassionate as Ferrari to argue the other way seems beyond them. What next - 'And here to argue about the Independent Group with Andrew Neil, a man who dribbles while trying to catch a bean in a paper cup'.


I would be happy if they just chose people who had actually read/watched the whole trial.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186953
Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
Oh dear Honey don't expect depth in this strange new century.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186954
md

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
It was fascinating watching the dark flip side to Victoria Derbyshire's feigned sympathetic side in her interview with Michael Jackson's nephew yesterday. In cold, stoic fashion she even asked what effect the allegations were having on MJ's children, what were they going through and strangest of all, how old they were. As if she didn't already know this and needed to have a good reason for her uncaring stance. They are afterall, no longer very young children nor the ones alleging abuse.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#186965
MCR

Re:Michael Jackson music BANNED by BBC 2 Weeks ago  
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply