cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Trump Visit
#189953
Barney

Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
Air Force One has landed in Stansted - a former USAF base.

Many politicians are boycotting his stay - such as Corbyn, Bercow and Cable. Even Meghan won't be turning up.

Even Khan has to make a fool of himself.

How quickly we forget that this man leads and represents a country that fought beside us in WW2.

In addition to being at the helm for most international problems, sending their personnel into battle.

Such as Korea, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iraq etc.


We're good at criticising - and forgetting...


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189957
Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
Barney wrote:
Air Force One has landed in Stansted - a former USAF base.

Many politicians are boycotting his stay - such as Corbyn, Bercow and Cable. Even Meghan won't be turning up.

Even Khan has to make a fool of himself.

How quickly we forget that this man leads and represents a country that fought beside us in WW2.

In addition to being at the helm for most international problems, sending their personnel into battle.

Such as Korea, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iraq etc.


We're good at criticising - and forgetting...




The Duchess of Sussex is on maternity leave, so not really boycotting, and Khan doesn't need Trump's visit to make him be an arse, unfortunately.

I find it a bit embarrassing to have the protests and blow up trump balloons. It makes it look like we are all unwelcoming thugs.
As you say, we can respect the position, if not the person.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189958
hedda

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
I agree with Sadiq Khan who despite the utter lies of the gutter media did not insult this ghastly mound of flesh Donald Trump (who still owes me $3000..I mean what an absolute c*nt the cheap bastard is when he sent messageS of congratulations about our work) but pointed out the obvious: other Heads of State will be visiting and won't have the red carpet rolled out for them as he will.

Surely you jest Barney: Trump is infamous for his claimed "bone spurs" so he could avoid active service and to somehow associate him the great American forces who indeed saved Europe & the UK over 70 years ago (before he was born) is really drawing a long bow.

He's put me right off visiting the US at present: my very best friend (a New Yorker) hates him but his son thinks Trump is wonderful. It's almost causing a rift in the family.

## I mean really..can you imagine how the Royal Family feel having to host this ghastly oaf? He makes the Ceaușescus who stole everything not nailed down in Buckingham Palace look tame by comparison.

Perhaps I'm being dramatic but the way in which Trump has completely captivated millions of Americans (and Brits) makes you realize that Hitler's rise wasn't an anomaly but so very easy to happen again.

Last Saturday I went to an exhibition opening by a fairly successful artist who spent the last 30 years in New York very successfully in advertising but told me he just couldn't stand hearing compete morons claim Trump is somehow a "genius" when he's caused such extraordinary rifts among Americans and so upped stakes and fled.

Of course these rifts were probably always there..and perhaps Trump has brought them to the surface. Seems he's doing the same to the UK..tearing the joint apart.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189959
hedda

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
we're also very good at accusing Vladimir Putin off sorts of crimes real or imagined.

I doubt the UK would roll out the red carpet for him.

Despite Russia giving 25 million lives to save us from the Nazis.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189965
Jo

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
## I mean really..can you imagine how the Royal Family feel having to host this ghastly oaf?
Wonder what the royals say about Trump behind his back. Would love to be a fly on the wall.

See it to believe it - video clip of Ivanka and husband on Buckingham Palace balcony:
twitter.com/thehill/status/1135514325307838464
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189966
Silent Minority

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
we're also very good at accusing Vladimir Putin off sorts of crimes real or imagined.

I doubt the UK would roll out the red carpet for him.

Despite Russia giving 25 million lives to save us from the Nazis.


Only after first agreeing to help Hitler in his evil plans Hedda...a Molotov is not just a cocktail...but a cunning plan...

...and as any war historian will tell you many of those lives ended in Siberian Gulags and through the inept plans of Stalin....they did not all die in the frontline against the fascist hoard.

But I've lived in the former CCCP,and worked with their military...I also had a father who went to Normandy a day after D Day....

Forget the silly eu army....we will be in a lot of problems without the USA military might to protect us...Khan is hardly any good at protecting those Londoners who elected him,let alone being in a position to criticise a President who is naturally on our side...unlike the last one.

But again the president is rather outspoken...and London is almost a foreign country...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189972
Barney

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
Barney wrote:
Air Force One has landed in Stansted - a former USAF base.

Many politicians are boycotting his stay - such as Corbyn, Bercow and Cable. Even Meghan won't be turning up.

Even Khan has to make a fool of himself.

How quickly we forget that this man leads and represents a country that fought beside us in WW2.

In addition to being at the helm for most international problems, sending their personnel into battle.

Such as Korea, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iraq etc.


We're good at criticising - and forgetting...




The Duchess of Sussex is on maternity leave, so not really boycotting, and Khan doesn't need Trump's visit to make him be an arse, unfortunately.

I find it a bit embarrassing to have the protests and blow up trump balloons. It makes it look like we are all unwelcoming thugs.
As you say, we can respect the position, if not the person.



Meghan could easily meet Trump if she wanted to; there's plenty of childminders down Frogmore way!

But her view - that Trump is a misogynist - has frequently been aired publicly.

In the US anyway - no matter what spin the Palace wants to put on her absence from her President's visit to her new family.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189974
hedda

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
Silent Minority wrote:
hedda wrote:
we're also very good at accusing Vladimir Putin off sorts of crimes real or imagined.

I doubt the UK would roll out the red carpet for him.

Despite Russia giving 25 million lives to save us from the Nazis.


Only after first agreeing to help Hitler in his evil plans Hedda...a Molotov is not just a cocktail...but a cunning plan...

...and as any war historian will tell you many of those lives ended in Siberian Gulags and through the inept plans of Stalin....they did not all die in the frontline against the fascist hoard.

But I've lived in the former CCCP,and worked with their military...I also had a father who went to Normandy a day after D Day....

Forget the silly eu army....we will be in a lot of problems without the USA military might to protect us...Khan is hardly any good at protecting those Londoners who elected him,let alone being in a position to criticise a President who is naturally on our side...unlike the last one.

But again the president is rather outspoken...and London is almost a foreign country...


Indeed of course Stalin was a monster but that doesn't change the fact that the Russians paid the biggest price of all during WW2.

I was pointing out that Russia along with the USA saved our skins but would Vlad Putin get the Trump treatment as he does represent the Russian people as a whole. Of course not . And Putin is not responsible for Stalin's crimes just as Trump is not responsible for D-Day.

Of course the USA is an ally..but for how long? Today he made a very scary statement that if Jeremy Corbyn won the election he would have to re-think sharing secrets with the UK. This is insane stuff.

However I don't agree with mass anti-Trump demos and that big balloon thingie..I'm mean people have a right to express themselves..but I reckon he's best ignored as I'm sure he thrives on attacks as he's such a bitch it gives him an excuse to say something ghastly.

## And as for saying London is no longer a British city..I'm not sure the UK is a British country anymore and I don't mean anything o do with foreign looking faces.

Trump's visit is for D-Day remembrance but look how the great D-Day war hero Lord Brammal was treated over false accusations and not by foreigners but home grown creeps of coppers..over 2o of them barging through his house and then the sleazebags going to the local pub for lunch and making sure everyone knew Bramall was being raided.

When did we start treating real war heroes like that?

It's symptomatic of an evil stalking the land..and Trump is an integral part of it (a loud cog in the wheel) ..with loud mouth irresponsible utterances has promoted ludicrous conspiracies that have caused so much grief for innocent people.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189979
Barney

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
Silent Minority wrote:
hedda wrote:
we're also very good at accusing Vladimir Putin off sorts of crimes real or imagined.

I doubt the UK would roll out the red carpet for him.

Despite Russia giving 25 million lives to save us from the Nazis.


Only after first agreeing to help Hitler in his evil plans Hedda...a Molotov is not just a cocktail...but a cunning plan...

...and as any war historian will tell you many of those lives ended in Siberian Gulags and through the inept plans of Stalin....they did not all die in the frontline against the fascist hoard.

But I've lived in the former CCCP,and worked with their military...I also had a father who went to Normandy a day after D Day....

Forget the silly eu army....we will be in a lot of problems without the USA military might to protect us...Khan is hardly any good at protecting those Londoners who elected him,let alone being in a position to criticise a President who is naturally on our side...unlike the last one.

But again the president is rather outspoken...and London is almost a foreign country...


Indeed of course Stalin was a monster but that doesn't change the fact that the Russians paid the biggest price of all during WW2.

I was pointing out that Russia along with the USA saved our skins but would Vlad Putin get the Trump treatment as he does represent the Russian people as a whole. Of course not . And Putin is not responsible for Stalin's crimes just as Trump is not responsible for D-Day.

Of course the USA is an ally..but for how long? Today he made a very scary statement that if Jeremy Corbyn won the election he would have to re-think sharing secrets with the UK. This is insane stuff.

However I don't agree with mass anti-Trump demos and that big balloon thingie..I'm mean people have a right to express themselves..but I reckon he's best ignored as I'm sure he thrives on attacks as he's such a bitch it gives him an excuse to say something ghastly.

## And as for saying London is no longer a British city..I'm not sure the UK is a British country anymore and I don't mean anything o do with foreign looking faces.

Trump's visit is for D-Day remembrance but look how the great D-Day war hero Lord Brammal was treated over false accusations and not by foreigners but home grown creeps of coppers..over 2o of them barging through his house and then the sleazebags going to the local pub for lunch and making sure everyone knew Bramall was being raided.

When did we start treating real war heroes like that?

It's symptomatic of an evil stalking the land..and Trump is an integral part of it (a loud cog in the wheel) ..with loud mouth irresponsible utterances has promoted ludicrous conspiracies that have caused so much grief for innocent people.



Somewhat rambling Hedda, your most recent post.

Trump can be obnoxious, rude, bad mannered and boring.

Nonetheless his policies are working; see my other post; dispute it, if you will.


Recent history shows that the US did what the United Nations should have done.

In so many conflicts that the UN only talked about.

That country (USA) sent soldiers to Afghanistan etc. - to be killed.

And other places where the young man from Nebraska and Queens never heard of.


Yet we ridicule their current leader...



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#189986
Silent Minority

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
Silent Minority wrote:
hedda wrote:
we're also very good at accusing Vladimir Putin off sorts of crimes real or imagined.

I doubt the UK would roll out the red carpet for him.

Despite Russia giving 25 million lives to save us from the Nazis.


Only after first agreeing to help Hitler in his evil plans Hedda...a Molotov is not just a cocktail...but a cunning plan...

...and as any war historian will tell you many of those lives ended in Siberian Gulags and through the inept plans of Stalin....they did not all die in the frontline against the fascist hoard.

But I've lived in the former CCCP,and worked with their military...I also had a father who went to Normandy a day after D Day....

Forget the silly eu army....we will be in a lot of problems without the USA military might to protect us...Khan is hardly any good at protecting those Londoners who elected him,let alone being in a position to criticise a President who is naturally on our side...unlike the last one.

But again the president is rather outspoken...and London is almost a foreign country...


Indeed of course Stalin was a monster but that doesn't change the fact that the Russians paid the biggest price of all during WW2.

I was pointing out that Russia along with the USA saved our skins but would Vlad Putin get the Trump treatment as he does represent the Russian people as a whole. Of course not . And Putin is not responsible for Stalin's crimes just as Trump is not responsible for D-Day.

Of course the USA is an ally..but for how long? Today he made a very scary statement that if Jeremy Corbyn won the election he would have to re-think sharing secrets with the UK. This is insane stuff.

However I don't agree with mass anti-Trump demos and that big balloon thingie..I'm mean people have a right to express themselves..but I reckon he's best ignored as I'm sure he thrives on attacks as he's such a bitch it gives him an excuse to say something ghastly.

## And as for saying London is no longer a British city..I'm not sure the UK is a British country anymore and I don't mean anything o do with foreign looking faces.

Trump's visit is for D-Day remembrance but look how the great D-Day war hero Lord Brammal was treated over false accusations and not by foreigners but home grown creeps of coppers..over 2o of them barging through his house and then the sleazebags going to the local pub for lunch and making sure everyone knew Bramall was being raided.

When did we start treating real war heroes like that?

It's symptomatic of an evil stalking the land..and Trump is an integral part of it (a loud cog in the wheel) ..with loud mouth irresponsible utterances has promoted ludicrous conspiracies that have caused so much grief for innocent people.


An excellent post....I even agree with some of it
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190006
Jo

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
I agree, it's an excellent and thought-provoking post.

hedda wrote:
However I don't agree with mass anti-Trump demos and that big balloon thingie..I'm mean people have a right to express themselves..but I reckon he's best ignored as I'm sure he thrives on attacks as he's such a bitch it gives him an excuse to say something ghastly.
And perhaps also not treated as deferentially as past presidents? After noticing comments saying that he didn't get red carpet treatment at the airport, I was wondering if that was usual, but the Obamas and Bushes apparently got it.

Trumps: metro.co.uk/2019/06/03/donald-trump-arri...ted-airport-9776659/
Obamas: www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-13514288/us-presi...e-obama-arrive-in-uk
Bushes:
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190011
Silent Minorityu

Re:Trump Visit 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Jo wrote:
I agree, it's an excellent and thought-provoking post.

hedda wrote:
However I don't agree with mass anti-Trump demos and that big balloon thingie..I'm mean people have a right to express themselves..but I reckon he's best ignored as I'm sure he thrives on attacks as he's such a bitch it gives him an excuse to say something ghastly.
And perhaps also not treated as deferentially as past presidents? After noticing comments saying that he didn't get red carpet treatment at the airport, I was wondering if that was usual, but the Obamas and Bushes apparently got it.

Trumps: metro.co.uk/2019/06/03/donald-trump-arri...ted-airport-9776659/
Obamas: www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-13514288/us-presi...e-obama-arrive-in-uk
Bushes:


Bush and Obama were both guilty of starting devistating foreign wars...on the back of lies and false information...Trump's mouth is a deadly weapon...we certainly do not always agree...but he and Clinton both knew that it's most effective to limit military intervention to the absolute minimum...and both have done well economically,as a result.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply