cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Stupid!
#201459
Stupid! 4 Weeks ago  
Mad.
 
Logged Logged
 
Last Edit: 2020/09/03 19:24 By JK2006.
  Reply Quote
#201492
Green Man

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201496
wyot

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Freedoms are being removed daily. What is the betting on the powers legislated for being repealed rather than waiting to be used when useful again (and that wouldn't have to be Covid 19)?

2 people died yesterday in the UK. Millions have been infected the reality is it has not killed anywhere near as predicted.

JK is correct -if a little deliberately inflammatory - in repeatedly calling the virus "trivial".

Relative to other mortal threats, of course it is.

So how are the restrictions justified? Where is the serious and imminent threat?

What, even, is it all about anymore?

I don't believe the conspiracies (why would a wanna be all powerful Gov want everyone unrecognisable on CCTV wearing those pointless masks for a start).

The only one that makes me pause is that more is known medically about long term effects than has been shared with the public up to now. Seriously hope that is a conspiracy theory.

I don't even think it is a good media story anymore; inducing yawns increasingly rather than fear in the people I talk to. I think the media was hugely to blame, not so much now. It is getting more balanced.

Yet still, yet still it goes on and on...

I can only really conclude that Covid 19 has become a hard to kick habit in a soporific people who just don't want (not can't) to think anymore.

The world is so confusing now (what can we say or not say anymore about anything?), Brexit is coming but after the self-inflicted wound most don't want it now but are powerless to stop it, Police can't be relied on to come to your house if you are burgled, but may pepper spray you for forgetting to wear a mask to Tesco. Donald Trump is POTUS and lies are truths and truths are lies.

Maybe Covid is a comfort blanket. We know where we are with that one.

Stay in. Stop thinking. Stay safe.

Ok; thank you.

How many dead today darling? Goodness me not 5! Shall we watch Strike or Corrie now?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201497
Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
I DO think there's a long tail but I DON'T think scientists or doctors are onto what it is yet. Personally I think this parasite virus hits weak spots and causes them to aggravate over time, long after Covid has gone.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201498
wyot

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Does seem to have properties like that doesn't it and fits in with all the "Covid related" deaths line as well.

I'm guessing we will see groups of people managing "covid exacerbated" conditions in years to come. Good dinner party conversations!

Don't think deaths will come into it much anymore, except for the very elderly dying anyway and particularly vulnerable.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201501
Honey

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
I think the main reason it is only affecting younger people now is because anybody vulnerable is still being extremely careful.

But we could have done that in the first place, and bypassed the silliness.


What were they saying about secret long term affects? I missed that.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201506
Green Man

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
wyot wrote:
Does seem to have properties like that doesn't it and fits in with all the "Covid related" deaths line as well.

I'm guessing we will see groups of people managing "covid exacerbated" conditions in years to come. Good dinner party conversations!

Don't think deaths will come into it much anymore, except for the very elderly dying anyway and particularly vulnerable.


You would make an excellent politician or journalist. They you would be quickly hushed up and be taken away for having the wrong thoughts.

If the government want to save the high street. Then please get rid of the masks. I see people have arguments with some shop staff who think they are part of KGB.

They interrogate people on why they are not wearing a mask in front of other shopper's? Give people a little ounce of power they quickly take a mile.

It's like the Stanford Experiment.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201509
Honey

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Green Man wrote:
wyot wrote:
Does seem to have properties like that doesn't it and fits in with all the "Covid related" deaths line as well.

I'm guessing we will see groups of people managing "covid exacerbated" conditions in years to come. Good dinner party conversations!

Don't think deaths will come into it much anymore, except for the very elderly dying anyway and particularly vulnerable.


You would make an excellent politician or journalist. They you would be quickly hushed up and be taken away for having the wrong thoughts.

If the government want to save the high street. Then please get rid of the masks. I see people have arguments with some shop staff who think they are part of KGB.

They interrogate people on why they are not wearing a mask in front of other shopper's? Give people a little ounce of power they quickly take a mile.

It's like the Stanford Experiment.


It is indeed, Greenman.


I was yelled at by a supermarket worker the other day for taking my mask off.
I only wear it if I am actually near people breathing on me. It was early morning and nobody was near.

Of course, I had a suitable cutting and informative reply all prepared, but all I could think of to say was "Oh bugger off, you cretin!"

And she did.

When I went through the checkout she was handling all the shopping and change, and licking her fingers to open the bags.

So she cant really believe she is in danger from the virus, can she?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201512
wyot

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Honey wrote:


What were they saying about secret long term affects? I missed that.


Yes my earlier post was far too long sorry.

There is one conspiracy theory that runs that the Govs of the world are reacting so drastically to such a low lethal threat because they know something about the long term health problems Covid causes that they are not sharing with us.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201513
wyot

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Green Man wrote:
[quote]wyot wrote:


You would make an excellent politician or journalist. They you would be quickly hushed up and be taken away for having the wrong thoughts.



If you don't see a long self-indulgent post from me in over a week GM you know they have got to me.....
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201515
Honey

Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
wyot wrote:
[quote]Green Man wrote:
wyot wrote:


You would make an excellent politician or journalist. They you would be quickly hushed up and be taken away for having the wrong thoughts.



If you don't see a long self-indulgent post from me in over a week GM you know they have got to me.....


I love your long rants posts, Wyot.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#201520
Re:Stupid! 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Yes we all do keep ranting as we did about Brexit but the time will come when nobody bothers to talk about Covid19 and it's as boring as flu or a cold.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply