cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: What are they going on about?
#204640
Wyot

What are they going on about? 1 Week, 6 Days ago  
Strengthening the rules if we don't comply and the virus rates continue to soar.

Forgetting, of course, the assumption that lockdowns and infection rates are particularly linked, what more is left that they can impose?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55609968

I am genuinely perplexed as to what they can mean? Anyone got any ideas?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204662
hedda

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
are you saying "lockdowns" spread the virus?

It's pretty simple even for a layman like me.

Using JK's famous Influenza as an example..when a person catches the Flu it's best they don't go to work and spread it in public and on the Tube / buses etc or they get a vaccine jab.

The real problem is the UK is a small island with a ginormous population and how a lockdown is strictly controlled is beyond me.

All I can see is the economic damage must be horrendous and awful for 100,000s of people.

And the only solution to that will be when the current right wing Tory government (like so many around the world) will abandon their beloved Capitalist belief that business should operate unfettered and rise and fall on market conditions whatever they are (pandemic, 2008 financial meltdown) and once again use Socialism to inject $Trllions back into the economy just as the Republicans just did in the USA.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204664
Honey

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
When they have shut down nurseries, schools, churches, faux bubbles, and stopped all flights, I might be more willing, but until then, I am not going within three metres of anybody I don't live with, but I am going where I like, sitting where I like, however often I like, and I will remove the tape covering park benches if I have to.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204665
Wyot

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
are you saying "lockdowns" spread the virus?

It's pretty simple even for a layman like me.

Using JK's famous Influenza as an example..when a person catches the Flu it's best they don't go to work and spread it in public and on the Tube / buses etc or they get a vaccine jab.

The real problem is the UK is a small island with a ginormous population and how a lockdown is strictly controlled is beyond me.

All I can see is the economic damage must be horrendous and awful for 100,000s of people.



No not suggesting lockdowns spread the virus Hedda but assumptioms are made that they are effective at preventing deaths when the data for this is thread bare, and international comparisons show little correlation between lockdowns and death rates.

I am sure there is some correlation just based on common sense, as you say.

But the question is how proportionate has our response been to the threat given the huge damage caused by lockdowns?

I would say disastrously disproportionate.

But perhaps the real story is our chronic underfunding of the NHS. Every winter it is on the brink of collapse. It may collapse for real this year largely because all the healthy, asymptomatic staff who test positive can't work.

I am not confident this lockdown will prevent this because the Covid horse bolted long ago in the UK. Track and trace, if it had not been a 22 billion pound waste of money, would have helped avoid this.

But they gave contracts to their mates rather than the local health boards who may have actually made it work.

When do we hear about track and trace from the Gov now?

When do we hear the media question the Gov on where it has gone?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204676
Wyot

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
I am going where I like, sitting where I like, however often I like, and I will remove the tape covering park benches if I have to.

Mayhem on Merseyside

Police were today called to a disturbance outside a parade of shops in Liverpool.

A 60 year-old woman wearing a t-shirt featuring disgraced former pop mogul Jonathan King, was arrested for tearing tape from park benches while repeatedly yelling "freedom!!"

One eye-witness (who refused to be identified) said she looked, "Raving mad! Like Mel Gibson in that Braveheart..." While a local shopowner expressed the horror of innocent bystanders. "Those tapes mean life and death to our pensioners who fought in wars. Throw away the key I say..."

The woman, identified only as "Honey", was eventually overpowered by seventeen Police Officers and an overzealous librarian, before being bundled into a Police van and removed from the scene.

Anyone with further information or who may have witnessed the scene is urged to call Crimestoppers on...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204679
Green Man

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
Honey wrote:
I am going where I like, sitting where I like, however often I like, and I will remove the tape covering park benches if I have to.

Mayhem on Merseyside

Police were today called to a disturbance outside a parade of shops in Liverpool.

A 60 year-old woman wearing a t-shirt featuring disgraced former pop mogul Jonathan King, was arrested for tearing tape from park benches while repeatedly yelling "freedom!!"

One eye-witness (who refused to be identified) said she looked, "Raving mad! Like Mel Gibson in that Braveheart..." While a local shopowner expressed the horror of innocent bystanders. "Those tapes mean life and death to our pensioners who fought in wars. Throw away the key I say..."

The woman, identified only as "Honey", was eventually overpowered by seventeen Police Officers and an overzealous librarian, before being bundled into a Police van and removed from the scene.

Anyone with further information or who may have witnessed the scene is urged to call Crimestoppers on...


Never fuck about with a Scouser Wyot. Let them do what they want and walk away - like nothing has happened.

Honey would likely wear a Make Liverpool Great Again T -shirt.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204684
Honey

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
Honey wrote:
I am going where I like, sitting where I like, however often I like, and I will remove the tape covering park benches if I have to.

Mayhem on Merseyside

Police were today called to a disturbance outside a parade of shops in Liverpool.

A 60 year-old woman wearing a t-shirt featuring disgraced former pop mogul Jonathan King, was arrested for tearing tape from park benches while repeatedly yelling "freedom!!"

One eye-witness (who refused to be identified) said she looked, "Raving mad! Like Mel Gibson in that Braveheart..." While a local shopowner expressed the horror of innocent bystanders. "Those tapes mean life and death to our pensioners who fought in wars. Throw away the key I say..."

The woman, identified only as "Honey", was eventually overpowered by seventeen Police Officers and an overzealous librarian, before being bundled into a Police van and removed from the scene.

Anyone with further information or who may have witnessed the scene is urged to call Crimestoppers on...



The report sounds accurate.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204688
Wyot

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:


The report sounds accurate.


Glad you enjoyed!
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204701
Honey

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
I see that the lovely Chris Whitty is an avid reader, and has taken my lead about the three metre rule.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9136117...ng-THREE-METRES.html
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204703
Green Man

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
Chris Whitty was not voted to the run country but HE is running the country.

The world is full of tinpot Hitler's and the Western world allow.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204704
hedda

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
of course WYOT I'm a total amateur in this entire pandemic saga (yes yes I know..who would have thought it )

I can only speak from personal experience and can't really speak about the rest of the world.

It is now driving me crazy.

I would desperately like to travel and Thailand or Bali is always such an easy escape.
Bali is completely shut down..can't imagine how the locals are surviving and there are no direct flights to Bangkok..one airline offering a ticket for $10,000 which would normally be $900 return.

It's a nightmare.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204715
Wyot

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
of course WYOT I'm a total amateur in this entire pandemic saga (yes yes I know..who would have thought it )

It's a nightmare.


No one is an expert Hedda; this is part of the problem I think.

I posted a link the other day from an epidimologist/scientist from Canada who has changed his mind about lockdown because he has completed a cost/benefit analysis and calculates lockdown causes 10 times as much death and misery as the virus itself.

He writes that one of the reasons he changed his minds is that he was thinking at the start just as a scientist and what can be done to prevent spread?

This is how most people think still.

When he thought and analysed from a broader public health policy viewpoint he changed his mind.

There are experts in diseases but no one in the world is a "lockdown expert". Some countriesare (Japan) and we need to learn from them.

If we carry on like this I believe there will come a point when everyone sees that continued lockdowns (short sharp ones at the right time are different) are far worse for everyone than the virus.

It is inevitable as this is literally killing our world.

I feel for you with the travel. It is cruel that you are restricted in how you live your life. It is also patronising. People should be given the facts and allowed to make their own minds up about the risk to themselves.

As well as house-bound; we have become infantilised.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204720
Green Man

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
hedda wrote:
of course WYOT I'm a total amateur in this entire pandemic saga (yes yes I know..who would have thought it )

It's a nightmare.


No one is an expert Hedda; this is part of the problem I think.

I posted a link the other day from an epidimologist/scientist from Canada who has changed his mind about lockdown because he has completed a cost/benefit analysis and calculates lockdown causes 10 times as much death and misery as the virus itself.

He writes that one of the reasons he changed his minds is that he was thinking at the start just as a scientist and what can be done to prevent spread?

This is how most people think still.

When he thought and analysed from a broader public health policy viewpoint he changed his mind.

There are experts in diseases but no one in the world is a "lockdown expert". Some countriesare (Japan) and we need to learn from them.

If we carry on like this I believe there will come a point when everyone sees that continued lockdowns (short sharp ones at the right time are different) are far worse for everyone than the virus.

It is inevitable as this is literally killing our world.

I feel for you with the travel. It is cruel that you are restricted in how you live your life. It is also patronising. People should be given the facts and allowed to make their own minds up about the risk to themselves.

As well as house-bound; we have become infantilised.




 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204723
Wyot

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
Flattered you thought my earlier post was so good you would just re post it GM
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204747
Green Man

Re:What are they going on about? 1 Week, 3 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
Flattered you thought my earlier post was so good you would just re post it GM

Even Matty agrees with you Wyot !!

 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply