cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: If it walks like a duck....
#217285
Wyot

If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 6 Days ago  
As the similarities between the common
cold and Covid become increasingly clear we now learn that colds generate antibodies to Covid.

Perhaps this is just one reason why there was no link between lockdown levels internationally and death rates: lockdown countries stopped colds and so Covid anti bodies spreading. Those that didn't lockdown, didn't.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59911257

But it was just obvious wasn't it that lockdowns stopped Covid spreading?

No, it never was.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#217289
Honey

Re:If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 6 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
As the similarities between the common
cold and Covid become increasingly clear we now learn that colds generate antibodies to Covid.

Perhaps this is just one reason why there was no link between lockdown levels internationally and death rates: lockdown countries stopped colds and so Covid anti bodies spreading. Those that didn't lockdown, didn't.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59911257

But it was just obvious wasn't it that lockdowns stopped Covid spreading?

No, it never was.


If you remove all opportunities for the virus to spread then yes, it would work.
But we have never done that.


Anyway, it looks to me like the families with school children have had non stop colds as usual all the way through and are now being infected over and over with covid, so I am not sure how accurate this report can be?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#217299
Green Man

Re:If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#217313
Wyot

Re:If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:


If you remove all opportunities for the virus to spread then yes, it would work.
But we have never done that.




Remove the air we breathe?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#217316
Honey

Re:If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:
Wyot wrote:


If you remove all opportunities for the virus to spread then yes, it would work.
But we have never done that.




Remove the air we breathe?


Remove the opportunity to breathe contaminated air, yes.
Fortunately it doesn't fly through the air independently, so is quite possible, if a virus was serious enough that we needed to.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#217318
Wyot

Re:If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:


Remove the opportunity to breathe contaminated air, yes.
Fortunately it doesn't fly through the air independently, so is quite possible, if a virus was serious enough that we needed to.


Scotland have removed loads of opportunities compared to England but have higher Covid rates...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#217323
Honey

Re:If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:
Wyot wrote:


Remove the opportunity to breathe contaminated air, yes.
Fortunately it doesn't fly through the air independently, so is quite possible, if a virus was serious enough that we needed to.


Scotland have removed loads of opportunities compared to England but have higher Covid rates...


Because like I said, unless you go the whole hog it is completely and utterly pointless.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#217341
Wyot

Re:If it walks like a duck.... 1 Week, 4 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:


Because like I said, unless you go the whole hog it is completely and utterly pointless.


I don't understand what "the whole hog" even is Honey? Hermetically sealed individual pods?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply