cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Banananrama reunion
#161136
robbiex

Banananrama reunion 3 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
bananarama

Some good news in a sea of crap, Banananrama getting back together.Great pop group from the 80s, with an original image and great pop songs (many self-written). Not great singers, but their songs don't really require it. Cruel Summer in particular, probably better than anything that we've heard in the 21st century.

They have been touring for the last 20 years or so as a twosome (without Siobhan) with moderate success on the nostalgia circuit. Add back the third member and they virtually sell-out a uk tour. It just goes to show that people will pay for the "real thing", not too mention lots of promotion on the bbc (bbc breakfast, Chris Evans, and the one show).
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161236
andrew

Re:Banananrama reunion 3 Weeks ago  
robbiex wrote:
bananarama

Some good news in a sea of crap, Banananrama getting back together.Great pop group from the 80s, with an original image and great pop songs (many self-written). Not great singers, but their songs don't really require it. Cruel Summer in particular, probably better than anything that we've heard in the 21st century.

They have been touring for the last 20 years or so as a twosome (without Siobhan) with moderate success on the nostalgia circuit. Add back the third member and they virtually sell-out a uk tour. It just goes to show that people will pay for the "real thing", not too mention lots of promotion on the bbc (bbc breakfast, Chris Evans, and the one show).


Sadly they are not coming in the local area which is a pity, maybe they will next year which is a long way off. Kent seems to be missed a lot which is a pity or unless it's Leas Cliff (try getting a decent seat) Hall.

Thing is with the nostalgia circuits no matter how much you try to enjoy the gig you always feel ripped off...for example Cutting Crew it might as well be 'Nick Van Eede with his band'.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161257
Pru

Re:Banananrama reunion 2 Weeks, 6 Days ago  
I just hope they've matured a bit because they used to be hell to deal with.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161268
robbiex

Re:Banananrama reunion 2 Weeks, 6 Days ago  
andrew wrote:
robbiex wrote:
bananarama

Some good news in a sea of crap, Banananrama getting back together.Great pop group from the 80s, with an original image and great pop songs (many self-written). Not great singers, but their songs don't really require it. Cruel Summer in particular, probably better than anything that we've heard in the 21st century.

They have been touring for the last 20 years or so as a twosome (without Siobhan) with moderate success on the nostalgia circuit. Add back the third member and they virtually sell-out a uk tour. It just goes to show that people will pay for the "real thing", not too mention lots of promotion on the bbc (bbc breakfast, Chris Evans, and the one show).


Sadly they are not coming in the local area which is a pity, maybe they will next year which is a long way off. Kent seems to be missed a lot which is a pity or unless it's Leas Cliff (try getting a decent seat) Hall.

Thing is with the nostalgia circuits no matter how much you try to enjoy the gig you always feel ripped off...for example Cutting Crew it might as well be 'Nick Van Eede with his band'.


Yes, sadly they have sold out in Cardiff too, unless you go on those rip-off ticket tout sites. They used to do a very good 80s day at ascot for around £25 including the racing. There would be about 5 or 6 acts including boy George, bananarama, kid creole, and Jason Donovon headlining in recent years.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161366
Re:Banananrama reunion 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago Karma: 3
Pru wrote:
I just hope they've matured a bit because they used to be hell to deal with.

Yes. pointlessly difficult.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161452
andrew

reunion 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
robbiex wrote:
andrew wrote:
robbiex wrote:
bananarama

Some good news in a sea of crap, Banananrama getting back together.Great pop group from the 80s, with an original image and great pop songs (many self-written). Not great singers, but their songs don't really require it. Cruel Summer in particular, probably better than anything that we've heard in the 21st century.

They have been touring for the last 20 years or so as a twosome (without Siobhan) with moderate success on the nostalgia circuit. Add back the third member and they virtually sell-out a uk tour. It just goes to show that people will pay for the "real thing", not too mention lots of promotion on the bbc (bbc breakfast, Chris Evans, and the one show).


Sadly they are not coming in the local area which is a pity, maybe they will next year which is a long way off. Kent seems to be missed a lot which is a pity or unless it's Leas Cliff (try getting a decent seat) Hall.

Thing is with the nostalgia circuits no matter how much you try to enjoy the gig you always feel ripped off...for example Cutting Crew it might as well be 'Nick Van Eede with his band'.


Yes, sadly they have sold out in Cardiff too, unless you go on those rip-off ticket tout sites. They used to do a very good 80s day at ascot for around £25 including the racing. There would be about 5 or 6 acts including boy George, bananarama, kid creole, and Jason Donovon headlining in recent years.


Nike Kershaw is doing a lot with other 80s bands at the moment so maybe next year he can open for Banananrama.

Still got Formally of Bucks Fizz to look forward to along with Go West.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161465
Pru

Re:reunion 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
andrew wrote:


Nike Kershaw


Brilliant sponsorship move, well done Nick!
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161467
andrew

Re:reunion 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Pru wrote:
andrew wrote:


Nike Kershaw


Brilliant sponsorship move, well done Nick!


Bloody predictive text.

Looking at the wife's LP he could be the spokesperson for numerous beauty companies.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161471
Re:reunion 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago Karma: 48
Sorry Andrew - even the most irritating predictive text would put NICK above NIKE - and, of course, he must be believed.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#161476
andrew

Re:reunion 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
JK2006 wrote:
Sorry Andrew - even the most irritating predictive text would put NICK above NIKE - and, of course, he must be believed.

Of course it's my big fingers...I put in Nik and yet Nike went above Nik. Bloody corporations.

I'm sticking to my ancient, chunky and clunky laptop from now on, it still works better than smartphones.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply