cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Stormzy at Glasto
#190680
Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
What I've seen and heard did not impress me; I find his tracks uninspiring and unoriginal; what am I missing? Anyone attend?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190681
Rarey Tipper

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Not really a fan but if you don't know how he got to where he has it's worth a read, very inspiring.

This is good:
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190687
Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
What was that awful wailing him and Chris Martin were doing?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190690
robbiex

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Don't really get it either, its just shouting over a backing track. The highlight of Glastonbury has to be the Cure headlining on sunday night. 40 years of hits, (well most of them in the 80s).
The killers are exactly the same as they were in 2005 at live8. They have had one good album and keep dining out on it.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190709
robbiex

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago  
Chris Martin also guested on Kylie. Can't think why people think it is a good idea to have Chris Martin as a guest. Most people can't stand him and his mediocre band with insincere sentiments and stupid dancing.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190733
Green Man

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Stormzy, fans I know are middle class.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190760
Rarey Tipper

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks ago  
robbiex wrote:
Chris Martin also guested on Kylie. Can't think why people think it is a good idea to have Chris Martin as a guest. Most people can't stand him and his mediocre band with insincere sentiments and stupid dancing.

Colplay are one of the biggest bands in the world right now. Thanks for this insightful comment.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190765
robbiex

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks ago  
Rarey Tipper wrote:
robbiex wrote:
Chris Martin also guested on Kylie. Can't think why people think it is a good idea to have Chris Martin as a guest. Most people can't stand him and his mediocre band with insincere sentiments and stupid dancing.

Colplay are one of the biggest bands in the world right now. Thanks for this insightful comment.


Yes they are very popular with middle-aged, middle class people, who think that it makes them look young and trendy, because they like Coldplay
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190766
Rarey Tipper

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks ago  
robbiex wrote:
Rarey Tipper wrote:
robbiex wrote:
Chris Martin also guested on Kylie. Can't think why people think it is a good idea to have Chris Martin as a guest. Most people can't stand him and his mediocre band with insincere sentiments and stupid dancing.

Colplay are one of the biggest bands in the world right now. Thanks for this insightful comment.


Yes they are very popular with middle-aged, middle class people, who think that it makes them look young and trendy, because they like Coldplay


- So now you admit your comment, "most people can't stand him (/band)" is incorrect.

- "his mediocre band", have you actually watched/listened to the musicianship? Clearly not.

- "popular with middle-aged, middle class people", you've obviously not seen the crowd they play to either.

Your comments simply mirror your own opinion of them, not that of the general public. Utterly pointless post.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190769
robbiex

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks ago  
Rarey Tipper wrote:
robbiex wrote:
Rarey Tipper wrote:
robbiex wrote:
Chris Martin also guested on Kylie. Can't think why people think it is a good idea to have Chris Martin as a guest. Most people can't stand him and his mediocre band with insincere sentiments and stupid dancing.

Colplay are one of the biggest bands in the world right now. Thanks for this insightful comment.


Yes they are very popular with middle-aged, middle class people, who think that it makes them look young and trendy, because they like Coldplay


- So now you admit your comment, "most people can't stand him (/band)" is incorrect.

- "his mediocre band", have you actually watched/listened to the musicianship? Clearly not.

- "popular with middle-aged, middle class people", you've obviously not seen the crowd they play to either.

Your comments simply mirror your own opinion of them, not that of the general public. Utterly pointless post.



Yes I have listened to them, since parachutes in 2000. They played V festival in 2002 and we watched Shed Seven on the other stage. What I don't like about them is that they are too establishment (like Queen). Whenever there is a jubilee/anniversary they are on speed dial to perform at such gigs, and they always oblige. The whole principle of rock and roll is to be anti-establishment, to kick with the fray, not to be totally compliant with the establishment. You enjoy your Coldplay albums if you want, but myself and many people in my circle think they are boring.

It is only the lack of competition in the modern era that allows them their stadium band status. You can sell out a stadium these days with a couple of hits, such is the appetite to see live shows and the lack of competition.

 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190771
robbiex

Re:Stormzy at Glasto 2 Weeks ago  
www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrit...ansie-after-wrongly-

Stormzy even makes false claims about been the first black british artist to appear at Glastonbury.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#190788
Re:Stormzy at Glasto 1 Week, 6 Days ago  
robbiex wrote:
www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrit...ansie-after-wrongly-

Stormzy even makes false claims about been the first black british artist to appear at Glastonbury.


I thought he said GRIME artist? (or something)
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply