cartoon

IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: David Bowie 65 this year
David Bowie 65 this year 11 Years, 7 Months ago  
I remember when we were both teenagers, nobody else wanted to know, I raved about his I Can't Help Thinking About Me on Pye in my Music Echo column (hello Bill Harry) in 1965; he spent hours in my flat off Baker Street; I trolled off to Golders Green to watch him mime with Lindsey Kemp; he used to beg me for advice which I freely gave him and his then manager Ken Pitt; still took him years to make it (not until the 70s)...

Ah, nostalgia; not what it used to be.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
angel

Re:David Bowie 65 this year 11 Years, 7 Months ago  
Do I remember you commenting years back that you never rated his vocal abilities? Might be wrong

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
square eyes

Horrible feeling Mr Bowie has called it a day. He is nowhere to be seen. Failing health? I hope not

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Yes Angel; his voice is original rather than technically good but there's nothing wrong with that. David fell out with me when he arrived for a TV interview with me, called me a "fat shit" and walked out.
That was during the Glass Spider Tour (otherwise known as the White Powder Tour).
I suspect it was because of my rather rude comments about his Dancing In The Street with Mick (who seemed to take my insults OK) and general dislike of BobAid.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply