cartoon

IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.

Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: JK in Daily Mail
JK in Daily Mail 12 Years, 6 Months ago  

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Re:JK in Daily Mail 12 Years, 6 Months ago  
giles2008 wrote:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050698...leting-Top-Pops.html

Exactly as I predicted a few days ago!!!

The Daily Hate are nothing if not utterly, utterly, predictable.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Indeed - delighted and hope it may boost sales of the Kindle No1 E-Book and the views for Vile Pervert and Me Me Me.

Paedophile? Someone who finds children sexually attractive? Not me - either in fact or in the law. A child is defined as "a person under the age of 14" by the Children and Young Persons Act 1933 (never repealed).

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
veritas

funny isn't it..The Mail does a piece about the BBC re-writing history and in doing so-re-writes the English language ( as in 'paedophile)

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
I think the BBC just earned some points with me, after this.

As for the Daily Mail, they are still a waste of space.

Logged Logged

Reply Quote

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
veritas

amazing that there are some positive and sane response in the reader's messages..many who can understand the danger of editing someone out of a piece of history.

as for comments like this :

He is the most evil man who ever lived and should be hanged (etc)...presumably drawn and quartered
- Mark, Chorley, UK, 19/10/2011 18:34

In my world people like him would be written out permanently!!
- john, Swansea, 19/10/2011 18:15

If these people are serious they are deranged or quite mad. the thought they are out on the streets should disturb anyone.
Then again, possibly they are average DM readers.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
JK2006 wrote:

Paedophile? Someone who finds children sexually attractive? Not me - either in fact or in the law. A child is defined as "a person under the age of 14" by the Children and Young Persons Act 1933 (never repealed).

A good job that nice Mr Dacre has now committed the Mail to print a corrections section in the paper - here's to yours being one of the first!

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Interesting that the Telegraph have stopped using the word "paedophile"... accuracy in language is an essential in civilisation.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
veritas

and I love this comment :

The BBC is funded and controlled by the government so I doubt too many people will be surprised by this censorship. However, I must say I love watching the 1976 TOTP programmes as I just love to see Pan's People dancer Lulu now and again. She was a big favourite of me and my school pals in those days because she was obviously nearly as young as we were, and very pretty too. What a slim beauty she was. I'm fat and bald now. I hope she still looks OK.

- simon, manchester, 19/10/2011 9:30

This is wonderful and reminds of Mick Jagger when asked a question he doesn't want to answer..goes off on a tangent from which the conversation cannot return to..

wot a hoot !!

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre today announced that his paper will, from next week, include a corrections column.

Speaking at the Leveson inquiry this morning, Mr Dacre said in future that errors would be rectified in a dedicated section printed on page two of the paper. The column will also be introduced for the Mail on Sunday and Metro newspapers.

After Full Fact disputed his claim earlier this year that the notion that papers “bury” corrections was “one of the great myths of our time,” Mr Dacre acknowledged to the Inquiry that the prominence of corrections was something that needed to be improved.

Furthermore, after Full Fact Director Will Moy questioned Mr Dacre on the move, the Mail editor committed to establishing a corrections@dailymail.co.uk email address through which the public can request corrections more swiftly and easily than they can at present.

fullfact.org/blog/daily_mail_correction_...e_leveson_dacre-3032

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
JK .. I just showed my father your post and he agrees with your comment accuracy in language is an essential in civilisation.

Logged Logged

Reply Quote
If it wasn't for the headline the article would have been ok.
It does show that we're being monitored here by the press.....

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Thank you Pru; I've just written to the Corrections addie with my correction about misuse of language.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
"Cambridge graduate King started his career as a record company executive, discovering multi-million selling acts Genesis and 10cc, before becoming a pop singer"

This is almost correct. Almost.

"A corporation source said: "The BBC doesn't think it should be rewriting history so will be showing these programmes in their entirety.""

How can the BBC squeeze a 40 minute show in a 30 minute slot?

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
This 'story' is going to grow and grow.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
In The Know

The most amazing - and stupid - thing about all this is that by doing what they did, they actually publicised the whole story !

Would the world have come to an end if King had been featured on the show? I doubt it. Would there have been streams of complaints etc? I doubt that too.

By trying to be clever (and hoping no one would notice) they have publicised the very thing they were trying to hush-up !

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
veritas wrote:
amazing that there are some positive and sane response in the reader's messages..many who can understand the danger of editing someone out of a piece of history.

as for comments like this :

He is the most evil man who ever lived and should be hanged (etc)...presumably drawn and quartered
- Mark, Chorley, UK, 19/10/2011 18:34

In my world people like him would be written out permanently!!
- john, Swansea, 19/10/2011 18:15

If these people are serious they are deranged or quite mad. the thought they are out on the streets should disturb anyone.
Then again, possibly they are average DM readers.

It puts one off the idea of 'feedback'. It's good in theory, but in practice it seems to attract every troll in trolldom.

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Ah but I adore winding up the brain dead. Getting that predictable moronic reaction; needling the idiots into monosyllabic insults and animal squeals - they never realise it's all done intentionally. Poke the stupids with sticks I say!

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
In The Know

JK2006 wrote:
Ah but I adore winding up the brain dead. Getting that predictable moronic reaction; needling the idiots into monosyllabic insults and animal squeals - they never realise it's all done intentionally. Poke the stupids with sticks I say!

My thoughts exactly !

Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply