cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Corbyn Nous
#193281
Barney

Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 5 Days ago  
Now, he has the Tories in the palm of his hand.

With them having to plead with him, for a General Election.

If and when he's ready, he'll probably agree - but on his terms, including timing.

Maybe in December or January.


Boris really must learn to play his cards better, and stop punching the air like a child.. .


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193282
Barney

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 5 Days ago  
As the EU has just now deferred their decision on the Brexit extension - until the UK makes a decision on its General Election - Corbyn is now calling the shots, entirely.

Boris has painted himself into a corner, having no overall strategy - and simply reacts to events, instead of preemting them. Now, he's forced to 'pause' again - until he sees what Jeremy thinks.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193289
Bookworm

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 5 Days ago  
Boris doesn't have a plan and never has.
He is likely under orders elsewhere and comes from a long line of 'yes' men.

Yet they still refer to it as democracy.




The whole situation with politics, press and lunacy has gotten so out of control that nobody wants to admit the seriousness of the situation.

They just work faster with their shovels.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193291
Blue Boy

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 5 Days ago  
Strange how two people can look at the same thing and reach a completely different conclusion.

In my opinion Corbyn is the one in the bad strategic position. I believe the majority of the population are fed up with Brexit and just want it done & dusted. Boris is using that sentiment and by pushing for a vote on a negotiated deal and/or pushing for a general election both of which are seen as things that could finish the whole saga and break the deadlock. Corbyn is being seen as the one delaying matters.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193300
Barney

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Boris has made the unenviable position for himself whereby he needs a General Election (few other realistic options) - but requires Corbyn to support it.

Another Boris error was to assume the EU would grant a Brexit extension to allow for an election to take place; significantly the EU requires the election decision first.

How is Boris' position better than that of the relatively quiet and chess playing Corbyn? Very little can be done by Boris, without Corbyn's agreement. Checkmate even...


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193301
Blue Boy

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
When the election takes place the public will judge the parties by the action they have taken or are perceived to be taking. If there is no election in December then it will take place after 31st January which is likely to be the next deadline. If Boris gets his deal approved before 31st January he will go into the election as the person who delivered Brexit. If he doesn’t get approval it will because of spoiling tactics by Corbyn which will be hard to defend when electioneering.

Both leaders have been dealt a bad hand in that their MP’s are split over the European issue. Corbyn doesn’t want to come out and back remain but equally doesn’t want to support any conservative led leave plan. I don’t envy either person but the problem for Jeremy is that to win an election he has to be seen as a leader and at the minute all he is demonstrating is an ability to procrastinate which I don’t think will play well at the polls.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193307
Barney

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Blue Boy wrote:
If Boris gets his deal approved before 31st January he will go into the election as the person who delivered Brexit.

If he doesn’t get approval it will because of spoiling tactics by Corbyn



Surely a rather biased - and one sided take - on the facts.

Boris can't be wrong, and to disagree, is a spoiling tactic!


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193309
Blue Boy

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
I repeat what I said before
"I believe the majority of the population are fed up with Brexit and just want it done & dusted"

To Joe Public it doesn't matter if it's a good deal or bad deal. The referendum was in 2016 and they are fed up with the politicians and the bickering.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193311
Barney

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
I agree with both those points - albeit totally different ones than those you made before...



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193317
Blue Boy

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Barney wrote:
I agree with both those points - albeit totally different ones than those you made before...


I haven't changed my view. You should note the quotation marks on the first point which indicates its an exact lift from one of my earlier posts.

It may appear I am a Boris fan but that isn't the case. I am not a supporter of either Corbyn or Johnson as both have major historic issues which IMHO will ultimately drag them down. Corbyn's baggage is political and Johnson's is mainly personal.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193320
Bookworm

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Another ref or election will achieve what exactly?

Brexit has become the hot potato that nobody wants.

If Bojo puts it over the line - his supporters of it will be elated.

If Corbyn wins an election and implements the will of the people or not - will he 've doing the right thing?
They are scared. They should be too.

Why? Because they took their eyes off the ball years ago. Or dropped it accidentally.on purpose?

It's always been Tory or Labour and its always been the same idiot controlling them.


I will not heed any pro US elites persons or Irish who thinks Brexit is a good idea .
Be careful.

xxx-x

Safer as we are.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193349
Barney

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Yes, Corbyn continues to lead - now agreeing (as he said he would) to a General Election, with no deal off the table.

No matter what the election result is, another referendum is inevitable - to gauge the people's view.

Badly misread by most commentators and politicians, in the recent past. Time though has been badly wasted, in limbo land.


Further delays and procrastination - highly probable.

Just like the likelihood of another coalition government - with all the negotiations that entails.

More defections will also occur for MPs.

As well as pardons for those who - in recent times - didn't do what they were asked.


Westminster's atmosphere and modus operandi will have Intrinsically altered next year - with a new government and speaker.

And without 27 former(!?) club members, who will have long memories...



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193353
Blue Boy

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
This is the wishful thinking of a Corbyn fan and not based on any facts. All polls have shown that the % gap between Conservatives and Labour have been steadily increasing over the last month. Corbyn only agreed to an election because his arguments were becoming so lame and he was increasingly seen to be weak by not doing anything positive.

The election race starts now and latest odds from Bookmakers on who’ll get the most seats is Conservative - 1/8,
Labour - 13/2 and Lib Dems - 20/1. If Corbyn was the strategic genius he would not be trailing by so much.

Although the Conservatives are being predicted to win the election there will be lots of opportunities for them to mess things up before election day. Corbyn could still do something special and win a majority but to say he has been a strategic genius up to now is not supported by the current opinion polls.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193360
Barney

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
I never typed that Corbyn is a strategic genius or that the Tories wouldn't get the most votes.

Simply that JC has played his cards better than BJ - who required several attempts to even get a General Election.

What would surprise me though - is a straight Tory majority, as the UK sees few strong leadership traits in Boris.

And some more personal/relationship details are soon to emerge



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193363
Bookworm

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks ago  
More political dirt which serves who?

This tactic has been used for how long now?

The power is nearly all gone.

 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193364
Blue Boy

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks ago  
Simply that JC has played his cards better than BJ
I disagree. The conservatives are going into this election with a 12 point lead in the polls and a clear cut Brexit plan, one negotiated by Boris and his team and one that got majority support on first vote in Parliament. The Labour position is that they will go back to the EU and try and negotiate a better deal and then put it up for another referendum in which they may argue against their own plan. It may have taken 4 attempts but the fact he has gotten his wish and with a deal in his pocket makes him in my opinion the winner so far

And some more personal/relationship details are soon to emerge
I agree and in fact would go further. As well as a dodgy past Boris is gaff prone so he is capable of losing the election by making inappropriate off the cuff remarks.

The other potential weak spot for Boris is the Brexit party who wanted a No Deal Brexit. If the conservatives get enough Brexit supporters behind his plan he can win a comfortable majoirity but I can't see Farage changing his mind.

The one prediction that can be made with certainty is that for those with an interest in politics the next couple of months are going to be facinating.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193368
Jo

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks ago  
Barney wrote:
No matter what the election result is, another referendum is inevitable - to gauge the people's view.
Do you think so? I would have thought that if the Tories win, which seems likely judging from the polls, there would be no chance of another referendum, or at least of one with Remain on the ballot paper.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193370
Barney

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks ago  
Recent history has shown that polls are barely an indication of what's to happen, in an every changing world.

Now the Fiat and Peugeot companies - with numerous brands, and consequences for our country - are having merger talks.

And the UK was never more divided economically - with 1% of the population owning 90%+ of the wealth.

I think 'all bets are off' - is an apt forecast for the election, with a coalition government the most likely outcome.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193373
Blue Boy

Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks ago  
Barney wrote:
Recent history has shown that polls are barely an indication of what's to happen,

I think 'all bets are off' - is an apt forecast for the election, with a coalition government the most likely outcome.



Polls only indicate the current preferences of voters and based on current polls the Conservatives will win a majority.

The caveat to the above is that the election is in six weeks and events between now and then may change people's opinions. Conservatives are firm favourites with the Bookies. Favourites are such because they usually win but not always and in this race there are lots of unknowns yet to be uncovered.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#193375
Re:Corbyn Nous 2 Weeks ago  
Blue Boy wrote:
This is the wishful thinking of a Corbyn fan and not based on any facts. All polls have shown that the % gap between Conservatives and Labour have been steadily increasing over the last month. Corbyn only agreed to an election because his arguments were becoming so lame and he was increasingly seen to be weak by not doing anything positive.

The election race starts now and latest odds from Bookmakers on who’ll get the most seats is Conservative - 1/8,
Labour - 13/2 and Lib Dems - 20/1. If Corbyn was the strategic genius he would not be trailing by so much.

Although the Conservatives are being predicted to win the election there will be lots of opportunities for them to mess things up before election day. Corbyn could still do something special and win a majority but to say he has been a strategic genius up to now is not supported by the current opinion polls.


Corbyn was trailing badly in the 2017 election.

This whole exercise is looking at yet another hung parliament that will answer NOTHING.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply