cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Football
#194340
Football 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
A little bird tells me my favourite current footballer Kevin de Bruyne had a decent day.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194347
Barney

Re:Football 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Yes, the best in the world - in his position.

As indeed are many of his team mates, in theirs.

Surprising though that his team, Manchester City, are 14 points behind the leaders Liverpool - in the English Premier League.


Liverpool play in Qatar twice this week!


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194348
Barney

Re:Football 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Unprecedented, Liverpool will play Aston Villa in Birmingham tomorrow (Tuesday) - in the EPL Cup.

Then - on Wednesday in Qatar - LFC will play Monterrey in the Club World Cup.

With another game there later in the week. Different teams will be fielded; Qatar games are on BBC TV.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194351
Re:Football 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
What I love about De Bruyne is not his goals but when he sets goals up; that is the extraordinary talent. He was the reason (with Hazard) for my backing Belgium in the last World Cup.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194353
Barney

Re:Football 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Yes, a fully rounded player with few (if any) weaknesses.

Seems a good bloke too - with an altruistic/charitable bent.

Played in the EPL before - for Chelsea; 2/3 times; 6/7 years ago.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198921
Green Man

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
I'm not sure if it's any interest to you Barney, found this in my inbox.

www.freesports.tv/our-sports/football/po...9-128127507e-4958901
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198927
Barney

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Thank you - wasn't aware of the Polish broadcasts.

I've been watching the Bundesliga on BT.

Seemingly - the EPL will return on Jun 19, or thereabouts.



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198933
Green Man

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Happy to oblige. I wouldn't subscribe to the Premier Sports app. It's so unreliable but the Premier Sports channels do have La Liga rights and Serie A when they resume.

www.premiersports.com/football/la-liga-fixtures

I have been watching NASCAR on the official website on my phone and listen to commentary on goprn.com on my iPad. It's not ideal but works really well.

I refuse to pay for cable and Sky greedy parasites.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198952
Green Man

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Barney wrote:
Thank you - wasn't aware of the Polish broadcasts.

I've been watching the Bundesliga on BT.

Seemingly - the EPL will return on Jun 19, or thereabouts.





Premier Sports will have the rights to Polish football untill 2001 to 2002 season.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198954
Shanks

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Barney wrote:
Yes, a fully rounded player with few (if any) weaknesses.

Seems a good bloke too - with an altruistic/charitable bent.

Played in the EPL before - for Chelsea; 2/3 times; 6/7 years ago.




Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth, Liverpool FC are about to resume their historic season where they've been absolutely superb, left everyone else far behind, and already been crowned Super Cup and World Champions. And Klopp has proven himself the most decent man in football, too. Take that, Kevin!
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198955
Green Man

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Shanks wrote:
Barney wrote:
Yes, a fully rounded player with few (if any) weaknesses.

Seems a good bloke too - with an altruistic/charitable bent.

Played in the EPL before - for Chelsea; 2/3 times; 6/7 years ago.




Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth, Liverpool FC are about to resume their historic season where they've been absolutely superb, left everyone else far behind, and already been crowned Super Cup and World Champions. And Klopp has proven himself the most decent man in football, too. Take that, Kevin!


I am not a football fan ( I can live without it). I like to keep Barney up to date. He is so knowledgeable with sport and history.

It be interesting if they created a new tier in football, having the best 20 teams in Europe. That could include teams from Ireland and Wales not including Cardiff or Swansea.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198961
Barney

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Green Man wrote:
It be interesting if they created a new tier in football, having the best 20 teams in Europe.


The Champions League is the forerunner of a European League - with 20 teams from all countries.

Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, England, Portugal, Holland - and a few more.

Every second week, designated aircraft will ferry the teams to their away games - in this highly lucrative group.

All games will be televised - and seats for the 20 playing venues will largely be held by season ticket.


Currently, the English Premier League is really three divisions - and has no future. The top six are owned by billionaires.

With the middle order focused on achieving safety and solvency - and, with a bit of luck, a Europa Cup place.

Season after season, the bottom 6 (say, Norwich, Bournemouth etc.) just hang on - to avoid the hundreds of millions cost, of relegation.


Bearing in mind football's potential for income, it's no wonder it attracts billionaire investors.

Most EPL teams are owned by them - or just multimillionaires! And the income stream is the important thing.

Sadly - the fan, spectator and supporter has become secondary - to big business. Seat tickets are a long way behind revenues from TV, hospitality, merchandising etc.


And after Europe!? It'll be North America.




 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198985
Green Man

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Barney wrote:
Green Man wrote:
It be interesting if they created a new tier in football, having the best 20 teams in Europe.


The Champions League is the forerunner of a European League - with 20 teams from all countries.

Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, England, Portugal, Holland - and a few more.

Every second week, designated aircraft will ferry the teams to their away games - in this highly lucrative group.

All games will be televised - and seats for the 20 playing venues will largely be held by season ticket.


Currently, the English Premier League is really three divisions - and has no future. The top six are owned by billionaires.

With the middle order focused on achieving safety and solvency - and, with a bit of luck, a Europa Cup place.

Season after season, the bottom 6 (say, Norwich, Bournemouth etc.) just hang on - to avoid the hundreds of millions cost, of relegation.


Bearing in mind football's potential for income, it's no wonder it attracts billionaire investors.

Most EPL teams are owned by them - or just multimillionaires! And the income stream is the important thing.

Sadly - the fan, spectator and supporter has become secondary - to big business. Seat tickets are a long way behind revenues from TV, hospitality, merchandising etc.


And after Europe!? It'll be North America.






The proposed European Super League should of taken off year's ago. It be huge in TV revenue, fans always go where their teams play.


Tour packages would be cheap also not forgetting how easy it is to get European countries.

Having Barcelona Vs PSG or Liverpool Vs Real Madrid at home would do wonders for the pubs.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198990
Barney

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Undoubtedly - a new football era awaits, and planning has begun between elite teams. But there will be casualties:-


1. Fans. Most top EPL teams now have virtually no home match tickets to sell - and will have less!

2. Domestic leagues will be badly affected by their top clubs departing - for the new competition.

3. Because of the travel requirement, European football will almost become a reality TV program.


As you say GM, pubs will benefit - just like they did when Sky introduced the 4pm kick-off, on a Sunday afternoon.



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198992
Green Man

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
They were good days.

Just let the customers watch the TV or projector screen whilst we just wait for half time.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#199009
Barney

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Barney wrote:
Seemingly - the EPL will return on Jun 19, or thereabouts


17th June - just announced

Last game was on March 9th


Only 92 games to be played

Behind closed doors - and on TV



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#199021
Barney

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Barney wrote:
Barney wrote:
Seemingly - the EPL will return on Jun 19, or thereabouts


17th June - just announced

Last game was on March 9th


Only 92 games to be played

Behind closed doors - and on TV



All 92 games to be shown live.

Usual broadcasters, including Amazon Prime.


Sky will show 25 games free!

For the first time, the Premiership will be live on terrestrial - BBC.


The FA Cup Final on 1st August.

Yes - God has provided another lockdown¬°



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#199025
Green Man

Re:Football 2 Months, 1 Week ago  
Barney wrote:
Barney wrote:
Barney wrote:
Seemingly - the EPL will return on Jun 19, or thereabouts


17th June - just announced

Last game was on March 9th


Only 92 games to be played

Behind closed doors - and on TV



All 92 games to be shown live.

Usual broadcasters, including Amazon Prime.


Sky will show 25 games free!

For the first time, the Premiership will be live on terrestrial - BBC.


The FA Cup Final on 1st August.

Yes - God has provided another lockdown¬°





When the contracts end, I can see a turnaround on the broadcasting rights. I wouldn't be surprised if a Freeview channel bought a small package on some games. I don't know what the interest is for European leagues such for example Primeira Liga - but Freesports have bought some rights for Primeira Liga.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply