cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Catholic Church - 2010s
#194514
Barney

Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months, 1 Week ago  
During this decade (2013) Benedict became the first Pope to resign in 600 years - and was succeeded by Francis, the first South American Pope.

Theodore McCarrick became the first Cardinal (Newark and Washington) to be defrocked/laicised - for years of homosexual activities with seminarians.

McCarrick's dismissal spurred Francis into aggressive investigations into sexual abuse by clergy - and to changes, including a requirement for those accused to be reported to the legal/civil authorities.

Up to recently, the church handled these matters internally under a 'pontifical secrecy' policy.

The numerous cases/actions against clergy - on every continent, and involving the payment of billions in compensation by the church - were undertaken by civil entities and judiciaries; the church refused to cooperate.


Perhaps the decision to pass accused clergy to the appropriate authorities is the biggest and most significant for the church - for several centuries.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194581
Barney

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months ago  
On Christmas Day - I go to a Catholic church, and later see what the Pope has had to say that day, in the Vatican.

Both the local parish priest - and the Pope - made a point of referencing the abuse scandals, from the pulpit yesterday. (This topic was rarely mentioned before at services - just glossed over occasionally).

A clear manifestation the this Pope Francis is meeting the problems head on - instead of denying their existence, like his predecessors.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194582
Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months ago  
I'm sure you, Barney, also noticed that the Pope's reference to forgiveness clearly also referred to false accusers such as Carl Beech and the hundreds who have ruined the lives of innocent priests and bishops by claiming false historical sex abuse.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194584
Barney

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months ago  
Yes, undoubtedly many innocent clergy were falsely accused.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194586
Barney

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months ago  
To go back to Cardinal Theodore McCrirrick - mentioned in my previous post - it beggars belief how the most senior Catholic cleric, in the US, escaped being even noticed.

For decades - this man raped and buggered seminarians and young priests - with impunity. His actions were well known to the church, and now admitted - but his seniority made him seemingly untouchable.

Covering up stopped when Francis arrived and McCarrick was thrown to the wolves, and is no longer a member of the clergy. Yet no criminal actions appear to be contemplated by the church!


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194588
Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months ago  
Perhaps because it was all fiction or exaggeration.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194591
Barney

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months ago  
You've often posted that you admire Francis

McCarrick was fictional?

Google is your friend...


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194600
Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 9 Months ago  
I think the current Pope is a fine and decent man; I'm delighted he's aware that there are thousands of false accusers as well as hundreds of abusers. I'm reliably informed it was our very own Peter Saunders NAPAC who unwittingly revealed the duplicity of many false accusers when his past was investigated by Vatican detectives a few years ago. Scales fell off Papal eyes.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194858
Barney

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Barney wrote:
To go back to Cardinal Theodore McCrirrick - mentioned in my previous post - it beggars belief how the most senior Catholic cleric, in the US, escaped being even noticed.

For decades - this man raped and buggered seminarians and young priests - with impunity. His actions were well known to the church, and now admitted - but his seniority made him seemingly untouchable.

Covering up stopped when Francis arrived and McCarrick was thrown to the wolves, and is no longer a member of the clergy. Yet no criminal actions appear to be contemplated by the church



The Vatican found McCrirrick guilty of solicitation in the sacrament of confession. As whilst hearing confessions - over 60 years - he picked up victims, for his sexual abuse.

Without precident, a public report on McCrirrick is to be published by the Vatican - to include details of all his abuses. And presumably commenting, on how he got away with it, for so long.

McCrirrick recently left a Kansas friary - where he was holed up (albeit only occasionally) - and has moved on somewhere. Still giving interviews, the church seems very anxious about what he might say.


And whether he will reveal the names of his partners in crime - as to inflict such a level of abuse, over so many decades, in numerous locations - would have required some help.



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194859
hedda

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Of course Cardinal Pell was a 'front runner' for Pope but his very good friend Francis prevailed.

Despite that Francis entrusted George Pell with "cleaning up" The Vatican finances (ie: booting both the Mafia and the dreaded and far more secretive 'Ndrangheta.)

Significantly Francis always had a reputation as being a bothersome "left winger" and Pell an extreme conservative yet both men respected each other for honesty.

My very good Italian pal who is an investigative journalist has always said The 'Ndrangheta have infiltrated Victorian Police (VicPoll) as did Australia;s intelligence agency ASIO who warned Victoria years ago but it fell on deaff ears,

## The fact VicPol launched an investigation of George Pell despite not a single complaint, against all good policing rules is entirely co-incidental.

### The fact any investigation of the dreaded and murderous 'Ndrangheta involvement in Vatican finances has now ceased and the fact Pope Francis has now hired a magistrate who is an expert in the Mafia ( who have already faded out of The Vatican) is entirely co-incidental.

#### The fact my pal provides expert and real evidence that the The 'Ndrangheta murdered Gianni Versace after he welshed on their loans (do you really think the massive Versace fashion empire actually makes a profit? )is entirely co-incidental.

##### The fact the appalling Peter Saunders at the peak of his power said "Cardinal George Pell is a psychopath* (not something those who know him say) which the Australian media picked up and ran with including a damaging #60Mins TV "expose" , numerous 3 pages articles, radio and TV reports (including the ABC) IS ENTIRELY CO-INCIDENTAL.

##### The fact every Australian media outlet ignored the horrible true revelations about the disgusting and dangerous Peter Saunders is entirely co-incidental.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194862
Barney

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Barney wrote:
Barney wrote:
To go back to Cardinal Theodore McCrirrick - mentioned in my previous post - it beggars belief how the most senior Catholic cleric, in the US, escaped being even noticed.

For decades - this man raped and buggered seminarians and young priests - with impunity. His actions were well known to the church, and now admitted - but his seniority made him seemingly untouchable.

Covering up stopped when Francis arrived and McCarrick was thrown to the wolves, and is no longer a member of the clergy. Yet no criminal actions appear to be contemplated by the church



The Vatican found McCrirrick guilty of solicitation in the sacrament of confession. As whilst hearing confessions - over 60 years - he picked up victims, for his sexual abuse.

Without precident, a public report on McCrirrick is to be published by the Vatican - to include details of all his abuses. And presumably commenting, on how he got away with it, for so long.

McCrirrick recently left a Kansas friary - where he was holed up (albeit only occasionally) - and has moved on somewhere. Still giving interviews, the church seems very anxious about what he might say.


And whether he will reveal the names of his partners in crime - as to inflict such a level of abuse, over so many decades, in numerous locations - would have required some help.



McCarrick*


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#194865
Barney

Re:Catholic Church - 2010s 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
hedda wrote:
The fact VicPol launched an investigation of George Pell despite not a single complaint, against all good policing rules is entirely co-incidental



At the time when the police got involved - around June 2017 - The Guardian quoted 'multiple complainants'....


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply