cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Schofield
#195608
Bookworm

Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I wasnt surprised by the revelations as I always thought he was gay until I saw he was married.

Good luck to him. Just be who you want to be because life is short.
Stop worrying what others think. It is YOUR life.
You don't want to find yourself knocking 60 and regretting where your life could have gone or who you could be spending it with.

Families are more often than not very supportive.

You aren't being selfish, you are just being yourself.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195611
Barney

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Perhaps.

But in such a public way?

TV, Twitter etc.



Another broadcasting mediocrity.

More to come in the weekend papers?

With his agent, very active.



Bit like Andrew.

Who, suddenly, felt duty bound to acknowledge contacts - even repulsive ones.

Does 'Scoffe' - have more in his basket, also?!




 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195617
Honey

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
The member of the Schofield family I feel LEAST sorry for is Phillip!

Bravery my arse!
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195619
hedda

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Bookworm wrote:
I wasnt surprised by the revelations as I always thought he was gay until I saw he was married.

Good luck to him. Just be who you want to be because life is short.
Stop worrying what others think. It is YOUR life.
You don't want to find yourself knocking 60 and regretting where your life could have gone or who you could be spending it with.

Families are more often than not very supportive.

You aren't being selfish, you are just being yourself.


despite not being able to stand the mediocrity Schofield I wish him no harm.

not sure "Just be who you want to be because life is short" is appropriate in this case as he's obviously not been living life as he wanted for decades.

There are conflicting matters here: 1000s of gay men (women not so much) have paid a big price for being gay..Michael Barrymore for one who despite being openly gay and despite a tragic event not of his making..has been crucified in the media in a 1000 subtle ways over the years because of his sexuality.

It's just one example. Other gay men are dabbing their eyes with tissues applauding the lightweight presenter for coming out..after bloody decades of hiding in the closet.

I don't think he's a good example for young people when so many face awful opposition from their families because of their sexuality.

He's also of an age and era when being gay was perfectly acceptable in the media.

I think he's a bloody awful example. Nothing heroic about him..he's rich, he's famous- he's buffeted by so many things unlike say a 14 year old who may be bullied at school because they are gay.

He re-enforces the fact that the perception is..stay in the closet, marry and buy into the entire heterosexual perception until it's safe to come out.

It's all nonsense of course. While I completely understand any gay person remaining in the closet for a 100 good reasons..another person's sexuality (to me) is so bloody uninteresting. But Schofield has bought into an industry for years where any celebrity can be ripped to shreds over their personal life when it's no-one elses business.

He's a hypocrite. But it's understandable.

## I know two gay men, reasonably well known who were absolutely petrified over the past 10 years as Operation Yewtree and the Savile matter raged..petrified that they may be falsely accused (as Paul Gambicinni was)

One remained living in a foreign country while a business partner stoked those fears and managed to rip off most of the gay pal's life savings. He died in poverty in a South American country but only after his lawyer managed to get the police to say they had no interest in him or reports about him.

Schofield has been there on TV as a very tiny cog stoking those sort of fears. Happily promoting the lie that he was a heterosexual. (the bizarre Savile accusations blossomed because he was single..another Cardinal Sin)

But I wish him well and I fully understand why anyone would want to keep certain personal matters secret...even though I think he's a c*nt.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195621
Green Man

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I knew he was gay, when he did kid's TV in my childhood. He was fooling nobody.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195631
Bookworm

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I'm seeing the kind of responses I had expected.
Which further confirms more thoughts I had on certain things.

Being a person under the spotlight or a person working in public sector can leave you open to exposure, ridicule and suicide.

That said, nobody should use privilidge, power or turn to ripping others to shreds because they don't want to be 'outed' either.

As for any blackmailed and intimidators, you will be found out and you will be punished.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195633
Honey

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Bookworm wrote:
I'm seeing the kind of responses I had expected.
Which further confirms more thoughts I had on certain things.

Being a person under the spotlight or a person working in public sector can leave you open to exposure, ridicule and suicide.

That said, nobody should use privilidge, power or turn to ripping others to shreds because they don't want to be 'outed' either.

As for any blackmailed and intimidators, you will be found out and you will be punished.


Well no, blackmailers and trolling people usually get away with it, unfortunately, dont they?

Who Phillip Schofield fancies is of no interest to me, but it is a lie to say that his struggles are recent when, as Green man says, it was common knowledge in the early eighties,before his wedding, and he implied that his wife was unaware.

There is nothing heroic about deceiving your spouse, and nothing heroic about affairs. These things happen, but are not a cause for celebration, in my opinion.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195638
Jo

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Your "gaydar" must work well, Bookworm and Green Man. I didn't pick up on it at all.

I feel sorry for his wife and daughters and also question how brave it is to have used them as a shield to hide behind for all these years. Is that too harsh? Did he marry just to pass as straight and/or have children? Or did he really love his wife? I suppose the expectation will now be that he'll leave her, perhaps even pressure will be exerted on him to do so. As open and tolerant as society is now supposed to be, people wouldn't accept him continuing in a heterosexual marriage having admitted to being gay, would they? My impression from the interview (he said of his wife "we've never had any secrets") was that she'd known all along.

While watching that interview, I couldn't help but think back to him handing David Cameron that list of alleged paedophiles he'd found on the internet and Cameron saying such speculation could result in a gay witch hunt. A tad ironic.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195641
Alex

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
The reason he came out was because a national newspaper was going to out him on Sunday.

This is nothing new.



Wonder who is next?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195643
Bookworm

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Some people choose to live a lie because they don't like the thought of the alternatives. Who is really suffering?

As for affairs, I agree. The concept of bisexuals and marriage is one I don't fully comprehend either. Unless both are bi and in which case, why marry?

Isn't marriage about the unity of both parties in the contract and monogamy?

Human emotions are very strong and sometimes volatile existences which are not always controlled well. I think it is safe to say that for the whole of mankind, is it?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195649
tdf
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
hedda wrote:

Schofield has been there on TV as a very tiny cog stoking those sort of fears. Happily promoting the lie that he was a heterosexual. (the bizarre Savile accusations blossomed because he was single..another Cardinal Sin)


True. Actually quite a large cog - remember the bizarre episode when he confronted David Cameron on live tv with a list of alleged paedoes he'd found on the internet?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195651
Green Man

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Jo wrote:
Your "gaydar" must work well, Bookworm and Green Man. I didn't pick up on it at all.

I feel sorry for his wife and daughters and also question how brave it is to have used them as a shield to hide behind for all these years. Is that too harsh? Did he marry just to pass as straight and/or have children? Or did he really love his wife? I suppose the expectation will now be that he'll leave her, perhaps even pressure will be exerted on him to do so. As open and tolerant as society is now supposed to be, people wouldn't accept him continuing in a heterosexual marriage having admitted to being gay, would they? My impression from the interview (he said of his wife "we've never had any secrets") was that she'd known all along.

While watching that interview, I couldn't help but think back to him handing David Cameron that list of alleged paedophiles he'd found on the internet and Cameron saying such speculation could result in a gay witch hunt. A tad ironic.


In the 1990s Jo, I had to take-over a failing gay bar in Toronto with a business partner ( whom is gay) to make sure the establishment was a making profit. I have seen it all. I have bought, ran and looked after more establishments than BBC have Director Generals.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195653
wyot

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I just wonder what Gordon The Gopher makes of it all?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195659
hedda

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Bookworm wrote:
I'm seeing the kind of responses I had expected.
Which further confirms more thoughts I had on certain things.

Being a person under the spotlight or a person working in public sector can leave you open to exposure, ridicule and suicide.

That said, nobody should use privilidge, power or turn to ripping others to shreds because they don't want to be 'outed' either.

As for any blackmailed and intimidators, you will be found out and you will be punished.


I have excellent GAYDAR but never spotted Schofield so even Hedda The Great can sometimes get it wrong (although never does except once or twice).

But maybe that's because I have never taken the slightest interest in him.

I've always thought that any gay entertainer has the right for many reasons, to keep their love life secret.

Politicians used to have a sort of unspoken rule that they would not expose gay politicians or those having affairs etc.

Being a celebrity today can be a very dangerous thing. All the rules are out the window.

You can be targeted in so many destructive ways..while Schofield is being applauded (but that may not last) Michael Barrymore has been viciously destroyed and his sexuality is always subtly there in that destruction.

And of course the false sex abuse allegations from whic NO-ONE is exempt including the Royal Family and indeed, a man can be happily married ( Schofield) and the Nutter Brigade will claim that is surely proof that the offender is covering up their crimes.

Which reminds me (there is always a Brush With Fame..) I once went to The Ritz for a press conference for the old Hollywood star VAN JOHNSON and what made it more exciting was that he was my Mother's all time favourite Hollywood heart throb..Van Johnson..the all male 6'2" handsome lady killer..I promised my mother I would get a snap and autograph from this Butch heartthrob.

And at the appointed hour..you could hear the swishing up the stars as Johnson swept into the room going "ooohh" and "ahhh" "so many gorgeous looking people" and minced over to a TV cameraman with long blonde hair and grabbed the locks claiming (and using mad old gay talk) "ohh varda this ..such gorgeous hair you lucky thing" a'winking and flashing his eyes at every male journalist.

He was married of course. With children.

I never told my Mum.

# Below is the late Hollywood Heartthrob Van Johnson and a snap claimed to be of me which it isn't..it's the respected Fleet St columnist Glenda Slagg although we look similar.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195661
Bookworm

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
He stressed during the interview that he didn't do it as a result of being pushed.

Tabloids going after British TV personalities what a fucking surprise. Just reporting the news are they?
Prince Harry is in therapy ffs.Isnt there a law against the damage inflicted by vile media? Not to mention those ( non journalist) twats out there spewing bile.

If what you say is true, will there be retribution?

I know one police force is watching and taking it seriously enough to thank me.
I replied, I don't need thanking. Somebody should have done something about all of these vermin a long time ago.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195662
Bookworm

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Gopher will be on with Piers Morgan telling all.
One Muppet to another.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#195671
Honey

Re:Schofield 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
It all sounds too ludicrous for it to be true that he really DID have his hand up his gopher's bottom after all?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply