cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: 9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce
#198720
9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Don't be fooled that this is Covid19. It's Brexit kicking in but both companies & government will blame CoronaVirus. In reality, the prospects of Brexit means - dump the UK, get out of this stupid country. If I were Boss of a big company I'd look to Germany, Scandinavia or North Africa. The next thirty years should be a boom time for Morocco and Tunisia. Get ready for deaths in boats as desperate emigrants try to reach Paradise in North Africa instead of the gloomy, rainy, miserable Little Britain.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198723
wyot

Re:9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Yes, it feels like Brexit is "done" as Covid has been the latest thing for the media to masturbate about. It feels like the Covid situation is moving slowly to a resolution too, with lockdowns being eased.

Neither is true.

Brexit hasn't happened yet, but is imminent. The effect of the bone-headed response to Covid (life support level economic collapse) will become increasingly felt over the coming weeks and months.

The two will coincide.

The lockdown weeks have just been the water receding unusually rapidly before the tsumani of economic collapse heads towards the white cliffs of Dover, with Nigel Farage surfing the wave, eyes swivelling; the applause of Little Britain ringing in his ears; drowning the white noise of insanity...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198726
Jez Larkson

Re:9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
From JK 9000 to JK 0000

The temperature gauge is gonna hit 28 degrees today down here in the South East of England - it's not always cloudy and miserable over here.

Look, Rolls Royce is a relic from the early days of motoring and aviation anyway, and we know what happened to the dinosaurs. I don't think there's much kudos to be had being seen driving around in a Roller, what with the fashion in cars moving towards compact fuel efficient models and hybrid and electric versions. Sadly the aviation industry has grown to be unnecessarily large and frivolous, not to mention its massive widespread environmental impact. I've even read that professional pickpockets take day trips on budget airlines to other countries.

In the last two months, the need to travel so much has been largely debunked judging by the number of people successfully working from home (teleworking) and buying groceries and other products online; you do it with your music interests, being able to log on to the PRS and PPL systems to check royalties, filing new material copyrights online, uploading tracks to iTunes, and recording humorous ditties in the shed at the end of your garden! The world is constantly moving onwards and upwards Kenneth.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198733
Green Man

Re:9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
If people have been furloughed or lost their jobs, then you can't afford a Rolls Royce, unless DWP have a money tree.

Recession is looming over King. You better find a new tax haven whilst you still can.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198736
Barney

Re:9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:
as desperate emigrants try to reach Paradise in North Africa instead of the gloomy, rainy, miserable Little Britain.


Now that would be some turnaround!

In recent years - our kindly benefit and welfare systems have been the major attractions.


Completely unavailable around the Souks of Marrakech.

Where you would need 'eyes on sticks' to stop being robbed or assaulted.


Morocco has long been on the Foreign Office lists.

Currently reading 'terrorists are very likely to carry out attacks in Morocco'....


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198744
robbiex

Re:9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Barney wrote:
JK2006 wrote:
as desperate emigrants try to reach Paradise in North Africa instead of the gloomy, rainy, miserable Little Britain.


Now that would be some turnaround!

In recent years - our kindly benefit and welfare systems have been the major attractions.


Completely unavailable around the Souks of Marrakech.



I really don't think that immigrants come over here to live on benefits. You try living on £75/week job seekers allowance.

They come over because the minimum wage is higher than many countries and there are (or were more jobs available).

I don't necessarily agree with freedom of movement. It pushes down wages for the lowest paid and saturates the market for middle earners. Also one of the main reasons for the high death rate in the uk from covid-19 is the high population density.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198747
Re:9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
I think, Robbie, you'll find places like Seoul (10million) and Athens (700,000) have quite dense populations.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#198748
Green Man

Re:9000 jobs gone at Rolls Royce 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
robbiex wrote:
Barney wrote:
JK2006 wrote:
as desperate emigrants try to reach Paradise in North Africa instead of the gloomy, rainy, miserable Little Britain.


Now that would be some turnaround!

In recent years - our kindly benefit and welfare systems have been the major attractions.


Completely unavailable around the Souks of Marrakech.



I really don't think that immigrants come over here to live on benefits. You try living on £75/week job seekers allowance.

They come over because the minimum wage is higher than many countries and there are (or were more jobs available).

I don't necessarily agree with freedom of movement. It pushes down wages for the lowest paid and saturates the market for middle earners. Also one of the main reasons for the high death rate in the uk from covid-19 is the high population density.



I know farmers who will only take foreign labour because it's cheaper to do so. They know they are taking away entry level jobs from the British.

There lots of immigrants near where my partner lives. They get the benefits but they also get big houses and free TV licences. She should to work for the police force, she was going in to the houses.

The benefits should only be for disabled and carers. If you're 6 month's unemployed then refer them to food stamps.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply