cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Is the comparison to Flu wrong?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Is the comparison to Flu wrong?
#200581
Barney

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:
Stupid Barney; if a surgeon operates you for cancer and removes a lung when in fact you simply had indigestion, I'd say he was stupid and wrong

Who's being stupid now - to use a totally irrelevant analogy! Are you say that every country - which followed WHO guidelines, and evoked lockdown - is stupid?

You seem incapable of understanding the difficulties in combating an unknown/new enemy. Like toxic gases used during WWI - when millions died, because the type of gas couldn't be determined.

Even now - nobody knows the virus makeup, how to cure it or what causes it. Scientists all over the world are simply working in a vacuum - and in fear of mutations, meaning that they'll have to start all over.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200583
Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
More stupid nonsense from Barney who's clearly missed the several breakthroughs in drug use to turn fatalities into healing. Doh.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200584
Barney

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
Which of these 'several breakthroughs' have helped find a vaccine!?


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200585
wyot

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
JK2006 wrote:
More stupid nonsense from Barney who's clearly missed the several breakthroughs in drug use to turn fatalities into healing. Doh.

I post this here to cheer us all up not to debate it!

It is clear, not too long and jargon free.

4 reasons to be optimistic about the virus:

www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/07/25/...-nightmare-may-soon/

Raise a glass!
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200589
Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
I quote Barney's stupid remark.

Even now - nobody knows the virus makeup, how to cure it or what causes it. Scientists all over the world are simply working in a vacuum - and in fear of mutations, meaning that they'll have to start all over.


Cures are popping up daily. Doh.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200595
Barney

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
JK2006 wrote:
Cures are popping up daily


But sadly - not for this virus

Or - after many decades - for dengue, HIV/AIDS or malaria

And many more...



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200596
wyot

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
JK2006 wrote:
I quote Barney's stupid remark.

Even now - nobody knows the virus makeup, how to cure it or what causes it. Scientists all over the world are simply working in a vacuum - and in fear of mutations, meaning that they'll have to start all over.


Cures are popping up daily. Doh.


Barney read the link above I have posted instead of trying to change JK's mind:

Quote: "First, vaccine trials were promising. Having proved safe and capable of raising both a T-cell response and an antibody response, Oxford University's vaccine...is now more likely to succeed than fail...And behind it comes a stream of other vaccines, some of which will surely work."

It also covers how much we DO now know about the virus and the changes in treatment as a result that is greatly reducing fatalities. Also drugs used in treatment that are now saving lives.

Scientists are not working in a vacum.

Great progress is being made.

Whatever the merits of full lockdowns in March the need for such reactions again are being lessened daily - forget the infection rate it is irrelevant and inevitable.

This will pass....
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200600
Green Man

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
Barney wrote:
JK2006 wrote:
Cures are popping up daily


But sadly - not for this virus

Or - after many decades - for dengue, HIV/AIDS or malaria

And many more...



The best way to eliminate HIV/AIDS is don't have constant unprotected sex and don't share needles.

Malaria don't go to exotic climates without a mosquito net or not have vaccine before travelling.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200604
Barney

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
How is there 'geat progress'

There was never any - for malaria

Even typhoid took a while


Please specify the advances/ progress

For this secret unknown killer

Still trivial - at c17 million infections?



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200611
wyot

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
Barney wrote:
How is there 'geat progress'

There was never any - for malaria

Even typhoid took a while


Please specify the advances/ progress

For this secret unknown killer

Still trivial - at c17 million infections?





So in response to my link re progress (very positive vaccine trials/treatment drugs lowering fatalities significantly) your response is to ask me to point to any progress.

And then you say a vaccine wasn't developed for malaria. So? We aren't discussing malaria.

You then give the number of infections for Covid and again challenge the word "trivial" when JK has stated many times when he uses it he is referring to the impact of the virus on the majority who contract it, not its infection rate.

It would be patronising to anyone reading this to actually point out the problems here.

Sigh....
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200612
Green Man

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
Barney wrote:
How is there 'geat progress'

There was never any - for malaria

Even typhoid took a while


Please specify the advances/ progress

For this secret unknown killer

Still trivial - at c17 million infections?






17 million cases not deaths big difference. A friend of mine has finally closed and sold his pub to building developers, wasn't viable to stay open.

Government and experts have no clue, recession is going to make the book Hardwired in to a reality.

I wouldn't be surprised if RoboCop has an element of truth. Just bankrupt the cities, make crime high then take over the buildings for real estate.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200620
Barney

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
wyot wrote:
You then give the number of infections for Covid and again challenge the word "trivial" when JK has stated many times when he uses it he is referring to the impact of the virus on the majority who contract it, not its infection rate

Thank you for taking the time to explain what JK meant!

But neither of you know what impact the virus has on the organs of those infected.


Evidence of organ and other damage has been seen in those cured - and further analysis on this serious consequence is being undertaken by experts.


It really is stupid (JK's word) to be so sure about anything relating to this lethal, infectious and mystery organism.

You say we're not discussing malaria (for which there's no vaccine) - but a bout it that virus, for instance, can have serious long term effects.


 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200624
wyot

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week ago  
Barney wrote:
wyot wrote:
You then give the number of infections for Covid and again challenge the word "trivial" when JK has stated many times when he uses it he is referring to the impact of the virus on the majority who contract it, not its infection rate

Thank you for taking the time to explain what JK meant!

But neither of you know what impact the virus has on the organs of those infected.


Evidence of organ and other damage has been seen in those cured - and further analysis on this serious consequence is being undertaken by experts.


It really is stupid (JK's word) to be so sure about anything relating to this lethal, infectious and mystery organism.

You say we're not discussing malaria (for which there's no vaccine) - but a bout it that virus, for instance, can have serious long term effects.




I explained because you repeatedly and I'm sure deliberately appear not to understand what is being said by the "sceptic" side.

If evidence emerges that there is long term damage to the millions infected who did not end up in hospital/ICU and just had a cough I will change my mind completely.

I am not sure about this virus. I am not medically trained. The mortality rate of it, and effectiveness of different countries in dealing with it, is something we can all have an opinion on. Mine is that our response has been catastrophic and media led.

Yours appears to be that the media coverage and full lockdowns were inevitable results of the virus itself and therefore consider it a deadly plague.

I don't think we can get any further with this and so I will come back on the topic only when there is anything new under the sun!

But happy to lock horns or agree wholeheartedly on different topics
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200631
Barney

Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week ago  
I try to deal in facts - and rarely accept information published in the media. In this complex and unprecedented matter, I accept the findings/views of the WHO.

This Organisation of experts - and part of the United Nations - have given facts, advice and information on this panicdemic, which few should ignore.

After all - why would they lie; who knows more; who is more experienced etc. To simply say that an unknown and unseen virus is trivial (no matter how you quality it) is foolhardy.


Smart money on hoping for the best - and preparing for the worst. Yes, the Nightingales may have been overkill - but a mutation/second wave may still occur.

Because the World Health Organisation has said that this is the most severe pandemic they've seen - I think it disquieting to constantly urge people to think it's innocuous.

And that - yet again, the media is to blame. This is a totally meaningless stance - bearing in mind that the world's best scientists still have no idea.



 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#200632
Re:Is the comparison to Flu wrong? 1 Week ago  
And that is your final comment on this topic thank you Barney.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply