cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Dear Media...
#204429
Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Dear Media; can you please publish, every time you carry the Covid "death" figures, the age of the victims so we can decide for ourselves whether the actual cause of death was Old Age, and the amount of additional reasons in each case (cancer, heart problems, road accidents etc). That way we can all see the true impact of Covid, not just the media inflated image. It might stop panic. I'm expecting Matt shortly to urge people to "stay at home" unless they have very serious symptoms. Covid19 will be "out of control", like flu, whether or not the vaccines work. It's called REALITY.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204430
Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
So where are we going with Covid19? It's obvious innit? Like Flu, it will continue to give the majority coughs and sneezes (spread diseases) until the various vaccines kick in, unless, of course, the virus works out ways to bypass the vaccine effects (wouldn't put it past it; a cunning blighter). One year they will give "the wrong vaccine" (remember 2017-2018; I got Flu then, wrong vaccine, but no problem - I was only 73 and fit as the proverbial fiddle. But it killed 50,000 in England and Wales alone in 3 months - about three times more than of Covid in 2020).

So mid 2021? Covid panic over. Then the "over reaction" stories will dominate media. "Every Government got it wrong!". Many countries who had tiny death counts in 2020 will have big increases in 2021 as the old people get older and die (inevitably).

And, also inevitably, a new virus will emerge. Next year or the year after or in ten years. As lethal as Ebola; as infectious as Covid. Killing millions. Probably, then, killing me too. Unless I've already died by then, of Old Age. My Obituary will be wonderful. "40 million records sold as a singer. 400 million as producer and executive. Killed the False Allegations Industry. Had crooked smile. Huge cock".
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204433
Wyot

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:This
My Obituary will be wonderful. "40 million records sold as a singer. 400 million as producer and executive. Killed the False Allegations Industry. Had crooked smile. Huge cock".

This is an excellent example of the "post truth" media world.

How to identify the facts in here from the exagerration....!?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204436
Honey

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
You are forgetting that we have all seen the beginning of the Vile Pervert film.

The ages of people who die from it doesn't tell us much, and implies it doesn't matter.

It matters very much if the person you love is expected to live for another ten or twenty years and instead dies choking and gasping in agony, alone.

Some of the "figures" might be from people who died of old age without showing symptoms, but as I understand it, the older you are, the less likely it will go unnoticed.

When they fudge the figures to include suspected cases and unaffected people it trivialises the severity of the illness, and stops us looking at the real cause of many of the deaths and infections, which is irresponsible hygiene practices in hospitals and care homes, where people should know better.

It doesn't matter if someone is a hundred and ten years old and dying anyway. They shouldn't be catching it in hospital.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204437
Green Man

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Dear media...

Please your fuck yourselves (painfully).
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204439
Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Totally agree Honey and, yes, I did forget that very clear (small) chunk of evidence! Thanks for making me giggle on this cold and gloomy morning.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204441
Alison

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
the real cause of many of the deaths and infections is irresponsible hygiene practices in hospitals and care homes, where people should know better

Isn't that both untrue - and unfair on hard working carers?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204445
Honey

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
No.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204446
hedda

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
Alison wrote:
Honey wrote:
the real cause of many of the deaths and infections is irresponsible hygiene practices in hospitals and care homes, where people should know better

Isn't that both untrue - and unfair on hard working carers?


how can anyone not working for the NHS presume to know what people die of?

and if someone has a condition that's at risk from Covid and they catch it and die..we could quibble on forever that it was Covid or the condition that killed them.

We could also say someone knocked down by a car- it was their head hitting the road that killed them, not the car.

If anything..the media has underplayed Covid from day one.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204448
Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
It would be hard for anyone to underplay the impact of Covid on Australia, Hedda!
 
Logged Logged
 
Last Edit: 2021/01/05 14:23 By JK2006.
  Reply Quote
#204449
Alison

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
how can anyone not working for the NHS presume to know what people die of?


Well Hedda - it never stops a few of the regular posters on here!
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204450
Wyot

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
[quote]Alison wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:


We could also say someone knocked down by a car- it was their head hitting the road that killed them, not the car.

If anything..the media has underplayed Covid from day one.


On these sorts of generous definitions we may as well just say that death is killing people! And relax; because that has been happening for some time...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204452
Alison

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
hedda wrote:
if someone has a condition that's at risk from Covid and they catch it and die..we could quibble on forever that it was Covid or the condition that killed them.


Absolutely correct.

Covid could be the killer or a contributory factor.

The end result - death - is the outcome, in either case.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204453
Wyot

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Alison wrote:
hedda wrote:
how can anyone not working for the NHS presume to know what people die of??


Well Hedda - it never stops a few of the regular posters on here!


As a regular, I haven't seen posts presuming to know what people have died of made by anyone.

Honey doesn't presume to know in this thread. She is relaying data readily available that poor hygiene in - hospitals and care homes has been and is an issue.

So she presumes to know to the extent that you presume (or Hedda here) to know how many have died of Covid.

I presume in my posts - based on second hand sources; as is your deep well of platitudes - that flu deaths are currently recorded within C19 deaths.

The difference is I will then proceed from this to make an ACTUAL POINT!

Insightful, bollocks or indifferent - but a POINT.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204455
Wyot

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Alison wrote:
hedda wrote:
if someone has a condition that's at risk from Covid and they catch it and die..we could quibble on forever that it was Covid or the condition that killed them.


Absolutely correct.

Covid could be the killer or a contributory factor.

The end result - death - is the outcome, in either case.


Good grief...

The first plague in history that a Government has had to go looking for amongst the asymptomatic healthy that is a "contributory" factor to the death of the already ill very elderly.

Like time is.

Would make a bloody boring apocalypse film...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204463
Honey

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
Alison wrote:
hedda wrote:
how can anyone not working for the NHS presume to know what people die of??


Well Hedda - it never stops a few of the regular posters on here!


As a regular, I haven't seen posts presuming to know what people have died of made by anyone.

Honey doesn't presume to know in this thread. She is relaying data readily available that poor hygiene in - hospitals and care homes has been and is an issue.

So she presumes to know to the extent that you presume (or Hedda here) to know how many have died of Covid.

I presume in my posts - based on second hand sources; as is your deep well of platitudes - that flu deaths are currently recorded within C19 deaths.

The difference is I will then proceed from this to make an ACTUAL POINT!

Insightful, bollocks or indifferent - but a POINT.


Thank you Wyot. I didn't have enough patience left to explain it.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204464
hedda

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
JK2006 wrote:
It would be hard for anyone to underplay the impact of Covid on Australia, Hedda!

Indeed JK but surely the small number of deaths shows that all the states who went very early (March ?) into Lock Down worked !

Now we are in another one and it's compulsory to wear a mask anywhere , restaurants, pubs, supermarkets and on my daily visit to a mega Westfields 100s of people wearing masks gently slip them up to sip on their lattes !

# noted a sign at one bank and didn't have my bloody phone with me :
"It is Compulsory to Wear a Mask if you Enter this Bank !"

Rather sad to see so many empty shop fronts..Bondi Beach is a nightmare as Summer is obviously the boom time but with lousy rotten weather..raining at present and cold in the middle of summer and devoid of backpackers.

## One odd thing I've notice: both Louis Vuitton and Gucci stores seemingly packed with customers with a queue to get in ???. People going out in style?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204469
Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
We've always agreed (common sense) that early, strict lockdowns can slow the spread. But this is a very cunning, clever, nasty virus. Whilst being trivial to 99% of those that catch it, like the common cold, flu etc it can be lethal to the vulnerable and the elderly. It's always puzzled me that the gullibles often quote the huge ratio of victims as those "over 80". Surely EVERYONE over 80 is more liable to die from every possible illness? The No1 cause of death globally continues to be OLD AGE. That's why I fear you Down Under may see the worst of it during your "winter" (oddly starting in April).
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#204471
Wyot

Re:Dear Media... 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:
[quote]Alison wrote:


Thank you Wyot. I didn't have enough patience left to explain it.


No problem Honey.

It is difficult to summon the energy at times (sigh) but important to try: not everyone is as blessed in life as me; but I believe that even the most challenged can eventually flower, given sufficient patience, guidance and nurture...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply