cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV
#206032
Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
with a woman who, I think, used to be in the vile HearSay and went into some soap. Trivial topics usually involving WIMMIN (the only target group for morning TV these days - Covid and lockdowns never happened). So switch over to BBCNews. AAARGH! Victoria Derbyshire, the worst presenter on TV, has been demoted from having her own (appalling) shows to a standard news presenter (bet they haven't cut her salary down). It clearly hasn't dawned on anybody - the reason her series of making people pretend to cry on TV got zero ratings because of her.

What have we done to deserve this? Lowest common denominator has got lower and more common.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#206035
Honey

Re:Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Television should cater for all types of people, not just the "intelligent". Particularly the BBC.
If thick, dull or "uncultured" people want to watch Piers Morgan, Kym Marsh, and Victoria Derbyshire why shouldn't they?
Everybody else can switch off.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#206046
Wyot

Re:Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
Television should cater for all types of people, not just the "intelligent". Particularly the BBC.
If thick, dull or "uncultured" people want to watch Piers Morgan, Kym Marsh, and Victoria Derbyshire why shouldn't they?
Everybody else can switch off.


Yes but where is the cultured and intelligent stuff on the BBC for me to go to Honey?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#206051
Honey

Re:Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Wyot wrote:
Honey wrote:
Television should cater for all types of people, not just the "intelligent". Particularly the BBC.
If thick, dull or "uncultured" people want to watch Piers Morgan, Kym Marsh, and Victoria Derbyshire why shouldn't they?
Everybody else can switch off.


Yes but where is the cultured and intelligent stuff on the BBC for me to go to Honey?



Intelligent people claim they don't watch television, apart from fawning over David Attenborough, so you wont need it, Wyot.

I would quite like to watch the early morning shows, but both channels only ever employ people that I have an irrational hatred of, so it is not possible.

I do often catch the first half hour of the Schofield show though, the one that has Mark Williams Thomas as the expert for all things.


I wonder if the type of programmes we like really does reveal our intelligence? I don't watch anything that wouldn't be suitable for a chimpanzee.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#206063
Green Man

Re:Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
I’m glad to say I can pretty much live without TV.

For stock car racing there’s online radio stations with live commentary.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#206066
Wyot

Re:Utterly ghastly BBC Morning Show on TV 1 Week, 5 Days ago  
Honey wrote:
[quote]Wyot wrote:
[quote]Honey wrote:


I wonder if the type of programmes we like really does reveal our intelligence? I don't watch anything that wouldn't be suitable for a chimpanzee.


I suspect in your case Honey intelligence is simply "resting" when you watch these shows, but is soon engaged once more after you turn off the TV and settle back in your arm chair with a volume of Proust...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply