cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: 4000 dead in a day in Brazil.
#207490
4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
4000 deaths in a day in Brazil. 4000 died in one day in the USA end December. That was mid winter Northern Hemisphere. This is winter Southern Hemisphere. Is there nobody in media noticing these facts?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207493
Margrave

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207497
Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
And yet Barney the gullibles, stupids, media and commentators refuse to notice the difference between Northern and Southern Hemispheres. I suppose, like the Emperor's New Clothes, the seasons are exactly the same in both?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207498
Wyot

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Margrave wrote:
blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/04/05/the-catastr...me-against-humanity/


Yet still, lockdown isn't an option...


The President wishes the virus to spread un-checked to achieve herd immunity and is not quarantining/protecting the unhealthy or vulnerable. No one on here has ever argued for this; just that lockdown of the entire population is a gross and destructive over reaction. There are approaches between complete non-reaction to Covid and complete lockdown. Take Sweden, for one. Not everything is black & white Barney. In fact, nothing is except in the many human minds seeking comfort & reassurance in these times.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207501
Margrave

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Wyot wrote:
There are approaches between complete non-reaction to Covid and complete lockdown.

Not everything is black & white Barney. In fact, nothing is.



Agree totally. That's why I wonder how some people can be so completely certain that one - or other - of the 'approaches' are wrong. Or 'useless'.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207503
Wyot

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Margrave wrote:
Wyot wrote:
There are approaches between complete non-reaction to Covid and complete lockdown.

Not everything is black & white Barney. In fact, nothing is.



Agree totally. That's why I wonder how some people can be so completely certain that one - or other - of the 'approaches' are wrong. Or 'useless'.


This circular argument reminds me of debating with theists about the existence of God.

When I say I don't believe because I see no persuasive evidence they respond that ah you are as certain as us that God does not exist then, which is a kind of faith. No it is an absence. There is no conclusive evidence that lockdowns achieve a reduction in deaths. This does not mean I can say for sure it achieves nothing; but given the harm it causes and in the absence of evidence that the good outweighs the harm I don't support it. My position is not extreme.

Comprende?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207505
Honey

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
I don't know enough about geography to work this out, but somebody else might know.

Is there a certain temperature that makes the virus spread, and is this the same temperature in every country?

Or is it when it is a low temperature for that particular country (which might be considered warm elsewhere) which indicates that it is likely to be caused by behaviour changes when people perceive it as cold, such as huddling inside more?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207508
Wyot

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Honey wrote:
I don't know enough about geography to work this out, but somebody else might know.

Is there a certain temperature that makes the virus spread, and is this the same temperature in every country?

Or is it when it is a low temperature for that particular country (which might be considered warm elsewhere) which indicates that it is likely to be caused by behaviour changes when people perceive it as cold, such as huddling inside more?


I have the definitive scientific formula:

Maximum infection temperature = media focus 10 x Gov panic (factor 15) x mass testing of the healthy in order to find as much of it as possible.

This is the "temperature" at which Covid spreads the most rapidly .
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207510
Margrave

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Wyot wrote:
given the harm it causes and in the absence of evidence that the good outweighs the harm I don't support it


Thankfully the views of us amateur keyword warriors isn't important. Compared to those of organisations at the sharp edge - the dozens of NGO's and the World Health Organisation.

Generally the accepted stance is that lockdowns can be a highly effective short-term tactic, are liable to have negative economic consequences - and are not a long-term remedy, used on their own.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207515
Wyot

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago  
Margrave wrote:
Wyot wrote:
given the harm it causes and in the absence of evidence that the good outweighs the harm I don't support it


Thankfully the views of us amateur keyword warriors isn't important. Compared to those of organisations at the sharp edge - the dozens of NGO's and the World Health Organisation.

Generally the accepted stance is that lockdowns can be a highly effective short-term tactic, are liable to have negative economic consequences - and are not a long-term remedy, used on their own.


There are no experts on whether a lockdown should be used Barney.

There are experts on how disease spreads and what can be effective in mitigation. The decision to lockdown may or may not be effective in controlling infections or ultimately death with Covid, but even assuming it is, a case still has to be made that doing so will bring greater benefit than harm.

I don't believe the case has been made; and mine and your opinions on this are as valid as anyone's.

What, I think, you have never been able to distinguish is that expertise in epidemiology is not the same thing as "expertise" in whether responses should be utilised taking into consideration wider societal harm. This is entirely a political decision and so open to us amateur keyboard warriors...
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207518
Margrave

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 2 Weeks ago  
I disagree - keyboard warriors are entitled entitled to their opinions. But operational matters are best to the experts.

Like the World Health Organisation - which has scientists and experts with years of experience in dealing with diseases and viruses.


Most would find their take on Covid matters difficult to argue with:-

www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/herd-im...ckdowns-and-covid-19
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#207536
Wyot

Re:4000 dead in a day in Brazil. 1 Week, 6 Days ago  
Margrave wrote:
I disagree - keyboard warriors are entitled entitled to their opinions. But operational matters are best to the experts.

Like the World Health Organisation - which has scientists and experts with years of experience in dealing with diseases and viruses.


Most would find their take on Covid matters difficult to argue with:-

www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/herd-im...ckdowns-and-covid-19


You only think you disagree with me Barney when actually you just don't understand the point I am making. Then you point me - for some reason - to an article on "herd immunity" and vaccines and the WHO's position on this. Lost for words really.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply