cartoon

















IMPORTANT NOTE:
You do NOT have to register to read, post, listen or contribute. If you simply wish to remain fully anonymous, you can still contribute.





Enter what you see:
This image contains a scrambled text, it is using a combination of colors, font size, background, angle in order to disallow computer to automate reading. You will have to reproduce it to post on my homepage Tip: Reload page if you have difficulty reading characters
Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
King of Hits
Home arrow Forums
Messageboards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPost New TopicPost Reply
TOPIC: Christine Keeler
#169857
In The Know

Christine Keeler 1 Week, 1 Day ago  
Never met her, but once had a drink with her associate Mandy Rice-Davies ! (don't tell Mrs ITK)
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169862
Re:Christine Keeler 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 50
Fascinating looking at all the photos of her in the 60s; many taken in Cannes at exactly the point I have visited yearly ever since.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169868
Re:Christine Keeler 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 3
A lady I worked with as a ten used to tell everyone I had "Cheekbones like Christine Keeler!" Being compared to a prostitute, however beautiful, is not the sort of thing you want at fourteen when you are on stage in a working mans club.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169870
Re:Christine Keeler 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 50
I'm not sure I'd consider being compared to a prostitute would strike me as an insult; in fact I'd definitely consider it a compliment if he/she was a gorgeous as Christine was! Wasn't Alain Delon once a rent boy? And there were rumours about Tony Curtis. In my life I've done far worse than prostitution and, indeed, have not only sold my body but my soul to millions in my 73 years.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169873
Re:Christine Keeler 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 3
JK2006 wrote:
I'm not sure I'd consider being compared to a prostitute would strike me as an insult; in fact I'd definitely consider it a compliment if he/she was a gorgeous as Christine was! Wasn't Alain Delon once a rent boy? And there were rumours about Tony Curtis. In my life I've done far worse than prostitution and, indeed, have not only sold my body but my soul to millions in my 73 years.

Oh I fully agree. Now. But not in 1974.
Selling what belongs to you is far better morally in my eyes that shoplifting or fraud, which nobody seems to mind much.

Another odd thing about prostitution I dont understand is, If you coerce or blackmail someone into having sex with you it is rape.
(legally)
This includes physical threats, and threats to withdraw money or affection.

So how come if a prostitute does it because they are being trafficked or have no money to feed their children, or are addicted to drugs etc which takes away their choice, are they not being raped?
Why dont they get the same protection as everyone else?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169889
In The Know

Re:Christine Keeler 1 Week ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:

Why dont they get the same protection as everyone else?


They do - but once you say "yes" or agree a price, it cannot be rape, can it?
(you have consented - for the money)
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169890
tdf
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Christine Keeler 1 Week ago Karma: 0
JK2006 wrote:
I'm not sure I'd consider being compared to a prostitute would strike me as an insult; in fact I'd definitely consider it a compliment if he/she was a gorgeous as Christine was! Wasn't Alain Delon once a rent boy? And there were rumours about Tony Curtis. In my life I've done far worse than prostitution and, indeed, have not only sold my body but my soul to millions in my 73 years.

A certain VERY well-known British actor and celeb once wrote a fictional book about a rent boy, which some said was partially autobiographical.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169927
tdf
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Christine Keeler 6 Days, 18 Hours ago Karma: 0
I feel now like Christine Keeler
Sleepwalking in the rain
I didn't mean to lose direction
I didn't want that kind of fame
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169935
Re:Christine Keeler 6 Days, 16 Hours ago Karma: 3
In The Know wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:

Why dont they get the same protection as everyone else?


They do - but once you say "yes" or agree a price, it cannot be rape, can it?
(you have consented - for the money)




I am not sure, ITK. I thought the same as you, but Section 74 defines consent as "if she agrees by choice, and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice" .

Some prostitutes dont have the freedom and capacity to make the choice, and the clients know it, so in this case, is it rape?
Bearing in mind that those assisting a rape are also charged with rape..
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169941
robbiex

Re:Christine Keeler 6 Days, 14 Hours ago  
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
In The Know wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:

Why dont they get the same protection as everyone else?


They do - but once you say "yes" or agree a price, it cannot be rape, can it?
(you have consented - for the money)




I am not sure, ITK. I thought the same as you, but Section 74 defines consent as "if she agrees by choice, and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice" .

Some prostitutes dont have the freedom and capacity to make the choice, and the clients know it, so in this case, is it rape?
Bearing in mind that those assisting a rape are also charged with rape..


Well, it is fact a crime to have sex with a prostitute who has been trafficked (even if you didn't know), which seems crazy. If you are going to go down that road, then you could argue that if you give money to a young homeless person, you could be charged with funding drug use, as it is usually the case that that they want the money to fund their next hit (watch druglands on bbc iplayer), or if you get your nails done at the local nail bar, then you are encouraging trafficking (Many are trafficked to work at these places). Apart from those trafficked, there is always another option to prostitution (like getting a job), however they choose prostitution because it is quick and easy money, you can't go blaming the customer.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169942
In The Know

Re:Christine Keeler 6 Days, 13 Hours ago  
Once the punter asks "how much" and in reply he is given a shopping list how can the punter know that it is not being voluntarily offered?
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169947
Re:Christine Keeler 6 Days, 9 Hours ago Karma: 3
In The Know wrote:
Once the punter asks "how much" and in reply he is given a shopping list how can the punter know that it is not being voluntarily offered?


A lot of the issues around consent rely on you being a mind reader or breathalysing your intended partner.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
#169948
Re:Christine Keeler 6 Days, 9 Hours ago Karma: 3
robbiex wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:
In The Know wrote:
honey!oh sugar sugar. wrote:

Why dont they get the same protection as everyone else?


They do - but once you say "yes" or agree a price, it cannot be rape, can it?
(you have consented - for the money)




I am not sure, ITK. I thought the same as you, but Section 74 defines consent as "if she agrees by choice, and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice" .

Some prostitutes dont have the freedom and capacity to make the choice, and the clients know it, so in this case, is it rape?
Bearing in mind that those assisting a rape are also charged with rape..


Well, it is fact a crime to have sex with a prostitute who has been trafficked (even if you didn't know), which seems crazy. If you are going to go down that road, then you could argue that if you give money to a young homeless person, you could be charged with funding drug use, as it is usually the case that that they want the money to fund their next hit (watch druglands on bbc iplayer), or if you get your nails done at the local nail bar, then you are encouraging trafficking (Many are trafficked to work at these places). Apart from those trafficked, there is always another option to prostitution (like getting a job), however they choose prostitution because it is quick and easy money, you can't go blaming the customer.


You cant get a job if you are wanted by the police, or if you want to hide, and if you cant find a job.
I am sure there are plenty who choose it as a career and good luck to them, but the ones I come across are often forced into it by circumstance.

I didnt know about the nail bars, Robbie. I dont think I have ever even been in one, so thank you for recommending Druglands. It looks really good.
 
Logged Logged
  Reply Quote
Go to topPost New TopicPost Reply